Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Coming from the Wii U version and having exclusively played Gengar, I, at first, decided to only play Scizor because Scizor Is Cool.

Then I realized that I hadn't played the game in a really long time and forgot what every character can do (and had no idea about the new ones, like Decidueye's mid-air grab that's actually really easy to punish if you know it's coming), so I just kept playing ranked, and if I ever lost I'd switch to the character that beat me. I was getting kinda frustrated losing so frequently as Scizor, and now I'm having way more fun with the game and definitely getting better and basic stuff like "CA'ing every Mewtwo you see and just duck under Hyper Beams lmao." So far I think I've ended up playing Pikachu the 2nd most and most recently switched to Scizor again and won two fights in a row! :unsmith:

Also I remember Braixen being really really good in the original game. Is that still the case? I've only played her a few times, but she's one of two characters I've gotten a perfect on. If your opponent doesn't get in your face, you can spam Fire Blast and laugh at them forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Snake Maze posted:

Don't get too comfortable spamming fire blast like that though, it can give you bad habits for once you start fighting people who know how to CADC.

Oh yeah I'm fully aware it's not going to work against better players. I started doing it since I lost to someone doing the same thing and wanted to see how to deal with it.

Also that brings me to another question, is it ever better to block than just properly time a CADC? Obviously you take more damage from a grab, and there's piercing attacks, which you can still block, and Synergy Burst's are all piercing or grabs, so... I think I just answered my own question?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Zelder posted:

Against chandelure you need to block and walk up because all her attacks counter pierce.

Oh! Good to know. Haven't played as or fought against any Chandelures online yet.

• Locked thread