Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I got this game to give my play group another local multiplayer switch game and it's pretty cool. I went wanting to main Garchomp because he's one of my favorites but I fell in love with Braixen's playstyle so I guess it's my main now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Will character guides made for the WiiU version still basically function?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Are counter attacks (X+A) in the counter stance from frame 1 or is there some leadup time before you're protected?

Also, sometimes I'm holding X+A through a block string and my opponent hits me in the end anyways. Is this because the counter can only absorb so many attacks, or is it because the actual attack doesn't have protection and I'm being hit out of it?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah Deicidueye is the only one who can ever hit me out of CA because his block string lasts foreeeeeeever. I guess I can see it as punishing me for pressing the buttons too early.

I guess the first question I had can be rephrased as "is wake up CA a thing that makes sense or a horrible idea" because that's what I really cared about with the frame data

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Thanks, it's hard to tell the difference between something being impossible and lag sometimes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nah I don't mind being pressured I just wanted more details on what exactly my options were. Running Fennekin helps since it's kind of an insane reversal

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Does the Braixen combo 8X FCC 5X still work? I've been trying for like half an hour and even when I get the FCC it doesn't connect. If FCC got nerfed and none of the combos work anymore then I'm not gonna bother learning the timing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
8X FCC 5X still isn't working for me but I've got some success doing 8X loops and they're immensely satisfying

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is there some visual indicator for "the move you just got owned by is a piercing move"? It can be hard to distinguish that from the CA's protection wearing off, especially with lag

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Braixen had some really technical stuff nerfed I think like 2X isn't immune to highs anymore and j.A has less frame advantage on block. It's the kind of stuff that'll change how she plays in the hands of really good players but not so much for worse players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
air dashes tend to work very well against lasers too if you're playing a character that has one

• Locked thread