Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I've got a 100% winrate in ranked mode after 3 matches, so I think I can speak with authority when I say that Weavile is the best pokemon. So many fun toys to play with.

It's a really simple trick, but I'll never get tired of aggressively jumping at someone to bait a block/counter, then fastfalling and grabbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Theta Zero posted:

Weavile is a little bit plinky in terms of both damage output and ability to withstand damage from my experience and while it's fun being able to air cancel or hover, eventually it because very predictable and even easier to punish. It doesn't help that although Weavile is pretty small, his fallspeed is just right so that a lot of combos don't have to change their timing much and he has a pretty high wall splat so wall combos also work on him pretty consistently.

Oh, I know - I played the Wii U version a bunch too. He's still my favorite though, and I think he has enough tools to avoid being as predicable as you say. (I really wish his down A counter didn't lose to almost everything, though). I'm curious to see if he can do anything cool with poplio's double jump.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Xad posted:

Also I remember Braixen being really really good in the original game. Is that still the case? I've only played her a few times, but she's one of two characters I've gotten a perfect on. If your opponent doesn't get in your face, you can spam Fire Blast and laugh at them forever.

Yeah, braixen is still good. I think almost all the changes (for everyone, not just her) from Wii U to DX were buffs. The game in general seems pretty well balanced, I can't think of any matchups that are very one sided, at least in my experience.

Don't get too comfortable spamming fire blast like that though, it can give you bad habits for once you start fighting people who know how to CADC.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
The game is definitely designed around a d-pad - even the arcade machine uses controllers with d-pads. Personally I found it pretty easy to switch over, but it's honestly not the worst game to play with an analogue stick. The only real problems I could see would be making dashes more difficult and being slightly awkward in field phase (you run freely around the 3d playing field, but your movement is still locked to the 8 directions). The inputs are all just button + direction, so it's not like they're harder to pull off one way or the other.

• Locked thread