Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

socialsecurity posted:

This is exactly the reaction I figured the episode would engineer no one is protesting Columbus statues or anything of the sort conservatives like to pretend people are because it ignores the real issues.

What's the difference between a Columbus statue and a Lee statue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

socialsecurity posted:

Most confederate monuments especially those that glorify the south were put up in the 60s to intimidate black people who were pushing for Civil Rights many of them were put specifically in black neighorhoods, Columbus statues were not. An equal comparison to the Lee statues would be if we started putting Hitler statues up in Jewish neighborhoods.

That's not true at all. Most were placed 1900-1915. There was a small spike in the 60s but nothing close to the turn of the century. That Hitler comparison is a joke as well.

No doubt the purpose of some were for negative reasons but you could say that about a lot of statues built over the course of human history.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 29, 2017

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Inescapable Duck posted:

...still well after the Civil War, and during the golden age of the Klan.

And? What exactly is the correct time frame to build a statue after said event has happened?

Also the Klan was pretty strong for a good period of time. And before that a number of other terrible things were happening to minority ethnic groups around the world. I don't think you'd say the 1930s or 1880s were an especially good time for black people in America because it wasn't the "golden age of the klan".

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

socialsecurity posted:

Yes there was a spike then as well right when the KKK was founded how odd. How is the Hitler comparison a joke? Let me ask this why do you think they put up statues of generals from a failed rebellion that was started because they wanted to make sure they could own people?

The Klan wasn't founded in the 1910s. You might want to pick up a history book.

If you want to just say things not based in reality I guess go for it but I'd rather just talk about how this season of South Park hasn't started off so good. Randy in the Columbus costume stepping on the indian saying "seriously, don't post that" was pretty drat good though.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

some guy on the bus posted:

Christopher Columbus discovered America and was the Indians' best friend. He helped the Indians win their war against Fredrick Douglass and freed the Hebrews from Napoleon and discovered France.

This checks out

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Marcus saying "Peppa can you hear me?" got a laugh from me

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

"Macaluso" posted:

I really hope this Cartman/Heidi thing pays off at the end of the season with something really lovely happening to Cartman cause she is way too nice of a character for him to be so mean to

Heidi is the worst. Cartman missed the petting zoo!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I think that the joke is less "women are annoying" and more "Men fret over inconsequential poo poo like it's the goddamn end of the world"

It doesn't have to be a stereotype of a whole gender. Heidi is annoying to Cartman.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Atlas Hugged posted:

But every woman would be annoying to Cartman.

I don't think that's true at all. The things Heidi does annoys the hell out of him. It would annoy me too. Not every girl is Heidi.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

21 Muns posted:

Also, Heidi literally tells him how much time she needs to get ready. She is not the one with poor time management skills here.

The running joke was that she was constantly saying she was ready and then oops one more thing! for half an hour. It's like you're not even watching the show.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

21 Muns posted:

Cartman tells her what time he wants to go somewhere and she tells him she'll be there thirty minutes earlier so she can get ready.

You took the time to bold that but not even read it. Remember how he wanted to be at the pumpkin patch early and instead got there very late? That was not part of the plan obviously. I'm not even sure you saw the last episode.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Atlas Hugged posted:

She even gives him the opportunity to talk about it like an adult but since he's an immature little poo poo he refuses.

They're children, and as you pointed out, in a cartoon.

I thought Rick and Morty fans were ate up but yikes

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Heidi is annoying. Cartman's reaction to that is hilarious. Cartman plotting her murder is over the top but in character with the lovely child in a cartoon he is. Hope this helps.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Atlas Hugged posted:

Heidi's character is annoying because of a gag invented for the episode. She annoyed Cartman well before this shocking "reveal". You're trying to project on this show.

lighten up Francis

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

NonzeroCircle posted:

'Drowning in muff' was possibly the most British thing I've ever heard on South Park, missed the next couple of lines laughing at that.

You mean the drowning in... part of the muff part? Cause I've heard both in the states since I was a kid.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 17, 2017

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

evilmiera posted:

Unfortunately. The show needs an antagonist to get some plots going and to balance out the other main characters but Heidi can fit that fat-shaped hole now. Killing Cartman is what the show needs.

Why do you watch this show?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

basic hitler posted:

spaceballs is the worst thing brooks ever did.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

empty baggie posted:

Haha his nose is a penis.

Yikes, sorry about your penis.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

I find it hilarious people are talking about ow much better something would have been if a child committed suicide.

I find it hilarious anyone would say that about fictional characters, cartoons no less.

And have you played video games lately? You can shoot people! It's awful!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Hey man did you see these apples? They're exactly the same as these oranges!

Sorry about your fruit blindness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Phenotype posted:

Can we stop talking about the children and gangbangs?

It will never stop because if It is brought up because someone always tries their hardest to work in a child sex reference even with the flimsiest of connections. It's like a badge of honor or something if they get to introduce someone to the fact a thing happened in a book.

• Locked thread