Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Leon wanting him and Larry to steal the old woman's dog and that ridiculous bust of her late husband (with his hat) made me laugh way harder than it probably should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

"I'll take care of it!"

"THAT'S WHAT A KID SAYS!"

Yeah Judge Judy was the highlight of that episode for me. That and "the only downside is I gotta keep loving my wife."

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That was the best episode of the season hands down

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If this is going to be the last season, I'm really glad it's going out on top. I think this season is right up there with the best of the series. For just about any other show I'd say they should quit while they're ahead, but given how similar this show is to Seinfeld, and that it still works, it seems like this kind of comedy is pretty much timeless. If Larry David doesn't want to do more, nobody can blame him, but I'm up for watching 80 year old Larry engage in nursing home antics if that's where he takes it.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Sinteres posted:

If this is going to be the last season, I'm really glad it's going out on top. I think this season is right up there with the best of the series. For just about any other show I'd say they should quit while they're ahead, but given how similar this show is to Seinfeld, and that it still works, it seems like this kind of comedy is pretty much timeless. If Larry David doesn't want to do more, nobody can blame him, but I'm up for watching 80 year old Larry engage in nursing home antics if that's where he takes it.

Larry David stopped aging 15 years ago

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Which makes up for him having looked about 62 for the 20 years prior.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Tumble posted:

Larry David stopped aging 15 years ago

Laterite posted:

Which makes up for him having looked about 62 for the 20 years prior.

Yeah. I mean if you go back and look at the older seasons you can see a difference, but it's not nearly as dramatic as some of the other actors--I thought Richard Lewis in particular kind of looked like hell this season. I guess going bald isn't all bad/it's good to be fantastically wealthy.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I forget, did we ever figure out what happened in Tahoe?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

I forget, did we ever figure out what happened in Tahoe?

No, just that it was sexual in nature

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
We missed out on Tahoe Larry

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
We were, however, able to confirm one thing

longballs

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Long balls. Change your drawers.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONfyC-fFDu8

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That ended with a bit of a wet fart. Nothing really worked in that episode...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I thought it was okay but too much stuff was going on like the earlier ones in the season. Lin-Manual makes a great antagonist for Larry.

I really hope there’s another season.

I have hope there will be since Larry probably would have had himself killed on-screen at the end there if he knew he was definitely done with the show.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 4, 2017

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Thought the reverend thanking the guy for his service in the middle of the ceremony was brilliant. Lin Manuel getting shot in the mouth made my day too.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
F. Murray Abraham!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Loved the ASL for "bullshit". Is that real?

Edit: yes, it is.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lin is such a passive aggressive rear end in a top hat I love him.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lin is such a passive aggressive rear end in a top hat I love him.

Havent seen the episode yet but it sounds pretty great how Larry and friends take a bunch of poo poo off of a no-name nobody instead burying him in the California desert and then getting away with it scott-free.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Legin Noslen posted:

Havent seen the episode yet but it sounds pretty great how Larry and friends take a bunch of poo poo off of a no-name nobody instead burying him in the California desert and then getting away with it scott-free.

Not the same show but I'd watch that one too.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

For an hour-long episode and the season finale that ending felt super rushed, but otherwise it was a great ep. I actually forgot it was the last episode and after seeing that picture with Larry and Weird Al I though the "next" episode they'd have Al replace Miranda for the musical but oh well.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It wasn't my favorite season finale, but I thought it, and the season as a whole, were pretty, pretty, pretty good. Lin was a fantastic antagonist, that 2nd Funkhouser apology was amazing, and "Larry rents her" cracked me up. Buncha other good stuff in there too. I'm real happy the show came back and hope we get at least one more.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I think it’s absolutely the messiest of the seasons, with almost every episode having one or two many things jammed into it. The season felt like Larry et al had some good ideas and so they went with all of them, which left a few flat stories and jokes. However, the highs were pretty, pretty, pretty good and Larry David can continue to take my money through an HBO launderer.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I can’t believe Larry David is loving dead.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I was totally expecting the seating lady to come to the table after Funkhauser came and the big argument would be about replacing a table member and whether that's allowed or not. I would liked to have seen that exchange.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How will Larry get out of this jam?

Next week's ep is gonna be epic!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Larry's seemingly heartfelt explanation for why he would never miss Sammie's wedding was hilarious

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Larry's seemingly heartfelt explanation for why he would never miss Sammie's wedding was hilarious

Also the fact that Susie kind of already knew he wasn’t being serious and didn’t even give a poo poo as long as he promised to be there anyways

Susie/Larry interactions continue to be some of my favorite Curb moments

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

“I don’t pick up. I put down”

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

i am the bird posted:

I think it’s absolutely the messiest of the seasons, with almost every episode having one or two many things jammed into it. The season felt like Larry et al had some good ideas and so they went with all of them, which left a few flat stories and jokes. However, the highs were pretty, pretty, pretty good and Larry David can continue to take my money through an HBO launderer.

Yeah, I think the finale made me think the season was a bit messier as a whole than I thought it was week to week. I still loved it overall though, and think the reverse Seinfeld finale was right up there with Palestinian Chicken as one of my favorite episodes of the whole series.

I almost didn't remember to mention it because it was in the beginning of a super long episode, but the musical number at the beginning owned. I thought Lin was maybe a touch cartoonish, but having him for that and the climax of the finale alone more than justified his presence. I want to tell all my Hamilton loving friends to watch it now, but the last two episodes of a 9 season show probably aren't the best time to jump in.

Edit: It looks like season 10 is more likely than not to happen. Here's hoping.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 5, 2017

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
As season finale's go, it wasn't amazing but as any other episode of Curb it was still pretty good. There was some good stuff in there. I'm happy with the season overall and would love more if he has it in him.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I loving died laughing when Lin was trying to say "Aaron Burr!" with the paint in his mouth. It was at exactly that moment that the whole duel = Hamilton connection formed in my brain and I thought it was terrifically executed.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mean.....wasn’t it obvious as soon as they started talking about having a duel

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

I mean.....wasn’t it obvious as soon as they started talking about having a duel

Surprisingly, no, but I am fairly stupid. :v:

Also it made me think of that Got Milk ad where the dude is trying to say "Aaron Burr!" to win a radio contest but his mouth is full of peanut butter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLSsswr6z9Y

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The ending kinda sucked, but both scenes with Marty were some of the funniest loving scenes in the entire show.

"So what's happening?"

"I had a colonoscopy, clean as a whistle!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hakkesshu posted:

The ending kinda sucked, but both scenes with Marty were some of the funniest loving scenes in the entire show.

I loved Larry just getting so loving pumped about Marty's excellent apology, which was entirely commensurate to the perceived sleight

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I thought they were just being incredibly sarcastic

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Maybe...it's kind of funny either way tbh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fellatio del Toro posted:

My read on it was that Marty was being sarcastic but Larry took it sincerely.

Then again, it's hard to tell with his voice.

• Locked thread