Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ChesterJT posted:

That is called a joke. Welcome to a comedy show.

they didnt tie into anything else

you should expect more from this show don't be loving obtuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Having only watched the first season or two, I can just drop in on CYE's new season without catching up on all of the other seasons, right?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

TraderStav posted:

Having only watched the first season or two, I can just drop in on CYE's new season without catching up on all of the other seasons, right?

Yeah pretty much. I would start with the beginning of a given season since there’s usually an overarching plot but a given episode is usually funny enough without continuity

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TraderStav posted:

Not really. There’s some pretty major changes since then.

More importantly, you should watch them first since they’re all amazing and hilarious.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

No season really feels related to each other, except the location change.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Alan Smithee posted:

The only other time he nearly got caught was when they were talking about him loving some woman and she's like "who" and he asked larry what the name of his...dentist? I can't recall too well. That and when she lost it when she found out about the ejaculate episode but there was just him jacking it in Larry's house

"I'm Larry David, I happen to enjoy wearing women's panties"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Alan Smithee posted:

they didnt tie into anything else

you should expect more from this show don't be loving obtuse

It's just jokes littered throughout. It doesn't need to tie into poo poo all the time.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
There's really no reason to jump ahead, the show isn't addressing timely issues or anything. Plus the earlier seasons are better

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Vintersorg posted:

It's just jokes littered throughout. It doesn't need to tie into poo poo all the time.

Seriously. There are some plot points that come up at the end to tie something together but expecting everything to be linked to some master plot is a bit much. Sometimes a funny joke is just a funny joke.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0eeNijdv3I
Larry hosted SNL last night and people are giving him poo poo for jokes near the end of the monologue.

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4csRoGP0V8
This skit he was in was great.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 5, 2017

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0eeNijdv3I
Larry hosted SNL last night and people are giving him poo poo for jokes near the end of the monologue.

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4csRoGP0V8
This skit he was in was great.

Meh. It wasn’t that bad. Maybe not the funniest joke, but I’m not feeling particularly angry or anything

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Premise was fantastic, delivery was meh.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Anyone who was offended by that monologue needs to find bigger problems to worry about. It was fine.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Tonight's episode was great.

You're a selective heeder!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

loving classic episode. Love when Larry wins here and there. That ending was great tho - he wasn’t mad and I feel he respected that guy even more.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
that was a loving great episode

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Best ep of the season. Opening bits about being late to the flight and flying coach being bad were terrible, but after that it was pretty consistently good. The scene where funkhouser breaks up with Larry was great, that felt like classic Curb improv bullshitting

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Larry open mouth "chomp laughing" (idk, when he's making fun of suzie and her complexities) would make a great av i think.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I've been iffy about this whole season but that episode was some excellent Curb. We need an overall count of how many relationships Larry has helped ruin.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That was some classic Curb. Ignoring the dumb fatwa plot has made for better episodes.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Purfume lady attacking Larry and the ensuing "WHAT THE gently caress" was the hardest I've laughed in a while

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The last word game had me doing a proper belly laugh.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I submit for your approval:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

bring back old gbs posted:

:five:

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

:allears:

Now make one for Larry slowly pulling his pants down!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Doggles posted:

:allears:

Now make one for Larry slowly pulling his pants down!

And also larry chomp laughing. And Funkhauser smiling after being asked about the water.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah that was primo Curb. Some of the best episodes are ones that could easily be Seinfeld episodes.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Richard Lewis was sending tweets or something a year ago begging fans to write HBO for more Curb, and whenever I see him this season I feel :3:
I like how surprised and shocked he pretends to be when Larry fucks him over

Also whoever said "I like when Larry wins here and there" is 100% right

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Firstborn posted:

Also whoever said "I like when Larry wins here and there" is 100% right

Yeah, when Larry catches the country club owner fooling around with duders wife and gets back in the country club I got a weird sensation of warm and fuzzies as I told my girlfriend who was next to me that ‘Larry won’.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I came here for a GIF of Larry knocking the spritz lady over and was not disappointed

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
Does anyone else think that Leon is sort of underused this season? He's kind of just there to blurt out comments from the edge of the scene. I feel like there hasn't been a lot of balls to the wall Leon speeches.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Otterspace posted:

Does anyone else think that Leon is sort of underused this season? He's kind of just there to blurt out comments from the edge of the scene. I feel like there hasn't been a lot of balls to the wall Leon speeches.

Honestly that's where he shines imo, when he's able immediately catch himself up on Larry's stupid issues and weigh in with a different, equally ridiculous take

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Otterspace posted:

There was some discussion here or somewhere else where people thought Leon was being overused in the earlier episodes of the season. But yeah his use has gone way down as the episodes progress.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"I'm in here fuckin'...at 92 degrees!"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hooooly poo poo Larry bickering with an old chinese lady on public transportation is peak curb

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I so badly need a GIF of Larry’s face peeking from behind Will Sasso as Leon scared away the fender bender guy.

What an excellent episode.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Larry saying that the yoga lady made his day when she lost her cool was my favorite part.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

hooooly poo poo Larry bickering with an old chinese lady on public transportation is peak curb

Larry fits so well on a bus as the stereotype of the bus guy that won't shut up. I would watch a whole season of bus Larry if I could

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
"You seem like a complete garbage person..."
"Listen, fuckface!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Last couple eps have been great. Also loving the choice in guest actors. That was Marc Evan Jackson as the guy Larry hit!

• Locked thread