Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, for some reason Larry insisting that the hairdresser had to be a groom and not a bride seemed a bit beyond the pale to me. I realize that Larry is an rear end in a top hat and you're not supposed to agree with him, but instead of laughing and nodding my head because "this time he's saying what we're all thinkin'!", this time he's definitely not saying what I'm thinking.

But I liked the rest of the episode, especially that moment where he and Richard are negotiating the terms of their visit from opposite sides of the room that another goon mentioned earlier. And Suzie going from yelling at and berating Larry one moment to calmly chit chatting with him the next moment will never stop being funny to me, ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

facebook jihad posted:

Wow you totally missed the joke there. Larry made an assumption based on appearances when their established lesbian dynamic was actually pretty accurate (remember 'the bride' didn't like the door being held open for her and also went in to beat the poo poo out of Larry for what ever reason).

If you watch the show thinking the perspective is supposed to be Larry's always right you've been watching the show wrong. Larry is a complete rear end in a top hat man baby

What about Leon, is he supposed to be an rear end in a top hat too?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

DuhSal posted:

Is it's always sunny improv? Feels like it often.

Surprisingly no. They've gone on the record a few times and assured people that it's all scripted, which I'm assuming they did in order to fully credit the writers of each episode. There's a small amount of improv which you can see developing in some of their blooper clips, but probably no more than any other TV comedy.

Nathan For You is both unscripted and hilarious. If you like cringey humor like Curb does sometimes you may want to check it out

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

General Dog posted:

This episode had some strong moments, but I thought the funeral scene felt kind of broad and cartoonish for Curb. I feel like the Larry of previous seasons wouldn't be quite as blatantly callous and obnoxious as he was there.

The lady who's crying too loud is a good example- it seems like under traditional Curb logic he wouldn't have said anything in the moment, but he would have complained to Cheryl about it on the way home and probably confronted the woman about it the next time he saw her.

To me it was reminiscent of the time he told Jeff’ and Susie’s singing daughter to shut the gently caress up when he was crashing at their house, but at least then he had the excuse that it was the first thing he heard in the morning after waking up and he wasn’t quite aware of his surroundings yet. This just seemed over the top and mean spirited, BUT I think the actress’s responses actually saved the scene for me and brought it back around to being funny.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Otterspace posted:

Does anyone else think that Leon is sort of underused this season? He's kind of just there to blurt out comments from the edge of the scene. I feel like there hasn't been a lot of balls to the wall Leon speeches.

Honestly that's where he shines imo, when he's able immediately catch himself up on Larry's stupid issues and weigh in with a different, equally ridiculous take

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jeff really does look great in that cowboy hat

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
How good was Lin Manuel-Miranda at playing "guy who pretends to agree with you and then just totally steamrolls you"? My highlight was when he saw Jeff with the bolo tie "Great to see this, this is developing! I like it. It's working really well - keep workshopping, it's great." fuckin lmao

facebook jihad posted:

For once, it is the shucker who eats the clam.

It was nice to see Susie getting some after being cheated on by Jeff

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
We were, however, able to confirm one thing

longballs

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Larry's seemingly heartfelt explanation for why he would never miss Sammie's wedding was hilarious

Also the fact that Susie kind of already knew he wasn’t being serious and didn’t even give a poo poo as long as he promised to be there anyways

Susie/Larry interactions continue to be some of my favorite Curb moments

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hakkesshu posted:

The ending kinda sucked, but both scenes with Marty were some of the funniest loving scenes in the entire show.

I loved Larry just getting so loving pumped about Marty's excellent apology, which was entirely commensurate to the perceived sleight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I thought they were just being incredibly sarcastic

Maybe...it's kind of funny either way tbh!

• Locked thread