Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
When you get the penis, do they throw in the balls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I can't believe HBO thought this transphobic joke was acceptable in tyool 2017

Your post is the joke right?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Hello, I hope you enjoyed your first viewing of Curb Your Enthusiasm. If you haven’t figured it out, the show centers around an ignorant rear end in a top hat who cannot be bothered to understand social norms, especially as they relate to people that aren’t from a similar background to himself. The punchline is almost always that he is completely in the wrong.

Not really. Larry is right a lot of the time. It's more that he says the things most polite people think but don't say.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Just because people think it doesn't mean he's actually right. This is one such example.

Considering we're talking about societal norms, yes it actually does. It's the only thing that matters. They are thinking the same thing but Larry is the one who acts on it. Most people see a pig parker and just think "what an rear end in a top hat" but given the opportunity wouldn't stop to confront the person. Same for someone taking tons of samples at an ice cream store. Or any of the hundreds of scenarios they have demonstrated over the years. He is on the wrong side of things occasionally but he always seems quick to apologize and make amends.

It doesn't make him ignorant or have anything to do with backgrounds. He just says what he thinks and doesn't care if you like it or not.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 23, 2017

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

my only thing with the trans joke is, it literally had nothing to do with anything and served no purpose than a one off gag.

That is called a joke. Welcome to a comedy show.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

It's just jokes littered throughout. It doesn't need to tie into poo poo all the time.

Seriously. There are some plot points that come up at the end to tie something together but expecting everything to be linked to some master plot is a bit much. Sometimes a funny joke is just a funny joke.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Premise was fantastic, delivery was meh.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Just got to watch the episode and holy poo poo that was fantastic.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Thought the reverend thanking the guy for his service in the middle of the ceremony was brilliant. Lin Manuel getting shot in the mouth made my day too.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I was totally expecting the seating lady to come to the table after Funkhauser came and the big argument would be about replacing a table member and whether that's allowed or not. I would liked to have seen that exchange.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Yeah everyone says they have "tickets" to stuff even if they just mean one for themselves. I don't know why.

I don't think that's true. I've never heard anyone say they have tickets if they just have one for themselves. Midwest here so maybe it's regional. They either say I have a ticket or I have my ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

You got some goofy friends then :v:

• Locked thread