Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

LBJ won his senate election in 1948 when the authorities in texas "found" a box of uncounted ballots that just so happened to push him over the edge. American elections are closer to latin america's rigged contests than they are to elections in any country with fair ones.

As a resident of the US, what other countries should I look to for inspiration if I want to improve the United States' flawed electoral process?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

somalia :getin:

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

for real though theres inspiration all over the place to improve the electoral process democratically, most of which is common sense. automatic voter registration at 18, not stripping felons of their right to vote, independent zoning processes (i think a couple states already do this) with possibly an amendment against gerrymandering, voting being held as a holiday, no electoral college. it's just that most people in power actively want the process to be undemocratic for their personal benefit, so it is.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/791263939015376902

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The smarter candidate won.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Remind me who was the galaxy brain in the Clinton campaign who saw troubling Blue Wall polls and came up with the idea that they should not reinforce it, so they could trick the Trump campaign.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dr Christmas posted:

Remind me who was the galaxy brain in the Clinton campaign who saw troubling Blue Wall polls and came up with the idea that they should not reinforce it, so they could trick the Trump campaign.

~The Algorithm~

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cerebral Bore posted:

~The Algorithm~

This same worship of The Algorithm underpins all of tech and finance too, it's great.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Dr Christmas posted:

Robby Mook?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Stexils posted:

common sense.
Not picking on you specifically but I hate that pair of words. The most accurate translation is "an unfounded assertion I pulled out of my rear end and pretended you would be stupid not to agree with."

Politicians use it all the time and it grates.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

if i let politicians dictate which phrases i was allowed to use i would have to replace 50 percent of my jeb bush insults, and that is unacceptable

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nothus posted:

Robby Mook?

do not blame Robby Mook. Robby Mook is not a man, but merely a vessel. Through him the words of THE ALGORITHM flow.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Kobayashi posted:

This same worship of The Algorithm underpins all of tech and finance too, it's great.

Algorithms make sense for tech and finance but people there seem to think because they are good at one thing and rich that they aren't as dumb as the rest of us.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I've noticed this in all skilled professions and it's hilarious when they haven't become managers yet.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Then it's hilarious but only if you don't work there.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
The fact that two ultra-conservative terrorists being apprehended in two days is barely mentioned in this thread and not mentioned at all in the other USPol thread, despite their national-news-making sprees of violence and hate, suggests that maybe they should be renamed or combined or outright removed, IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I am actually going to close this thread. We will consider what needs to happen wrt the existence of a "USPOL" thread after the midterms.

• Locked thread