Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Just one letter from being the PP CACA act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

peengers posted:

USPOL, where one party is ok with child rape and has literally elected a rapist to the top office while the other has scruples over shaming someone because they're literally loving up the world for everyone

Oh you mean Clinton and Comet Ping Pong, amirite

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I can't imagine the marginal voter who changes their vote because of a government shutdown in a world where Roy Moore got 49.5% of the vote.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Why do the democrats have Any say in the release of this memo? Any republican could just read it into the record if he so chose

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chomskyan posted:

All the memo says is that the FISA court authorized electronic surveillance of Carter Page, a Trump aide, based on the Steele dossier. The thrust of the Republican argument is that the FBI omitted evidence that would call into question the credibility of the dossier and thus the FBI's argument before the FISC. Essentially accusing the FBI of doing what it always does but this time to a well-off white Republican dude

Wasn’t it also originally GOP opposition research during the primary?

A couple things stuck out to me. First was that it doesn’t say whether the stuff in the dossier is true or not. It just impugns it by saying it’s partisan. But the FISA process is supposed to prevent that. It was specifically in response to Hoover’s FBI looking into citizens information and so on. As far as I know it’s a rubber stamp, but that’s what it’s there for anyway.

The obvious next question should be, so did they find anything?

And then the Wyden question: where was you when I was screaming to the rooftops about abuses of FISA during the Bush years?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

They were literally hacking senators and Feinstein just gave them a tut tut.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

my deceased relative winfield scott lost to that bastard who was also a Mexican War hero while being less pompous and fat Zachary Taylor, I'm eligible :toot:

also to franklin pierce, which honestly was probably a bad decision by the electorate

I’ve got General McClellan who lost to Lincoln in 64 and Richard Nixon. I look forward to being purged.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

SimonCat posted:

Is it that hard to write "Police officers, who were attempting to arrest a man named Samuel Pearman on charges of domestic assault, mistakenly went to the house across the street and shot the resident, Ismael Lopez, through his front door.'" ?

Is it just the risk of liability that causes journalists to write like this or are journalists that bad a writing news articles?

It's an improvement that they used the active voice instead of "man dies in officer involved shooting"

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I just drove by the Merc's former building and it's being turned into a server farm. Kind of poetic.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

I dismiss those two based solely on their stupid names

Chapo is a dumb name, but it’s stuck. It’s good though. It feels like forum humor at the height of LF.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Mornacale posted:

To be fair, Putin really not wanting Hillary to be elected is probably the best argument anyone ever made for why she could be trusted to do anything good.

I can't imagine that any Russian effort against Hillary was to stop her from winning, but to discredit her once she was inevitably in office, so that her time would be mired in scandals concocted or magnified by her political enemies.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Condiv posted:

why are dems loving up medicaid voluntarily?

oh right, they loving suck

Also note which state.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

Vermont and Hawaii are both deep blue states too. I’m especially perplexed as to why Vermont is so keen on it. :psyduck:

I know the Hawaii numbers have blown up as a result of child support enforcement.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

But if the GOP were just slightly less racist, they’d be democrats.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Radish posted:

"Good billionaires" will be switching to the Trump train the moment you start talking about raising their taxes so fast your head will spin.

"I have more money than I can spend before I die but I will switch to supporting fashism if you even think about touching it."

No such thing as a good billionaire.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

It should be noted that for as horrible this current gop is, they still haven’t started a war of aggression killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and for that this administration is still many times better than the GW Bush administration.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

Lol we still are going through the NK talks and we are already putting the screws to Iran, there is still a chance we will be in balls out war come around 2020

Someone had to leak that they were discussing invading Venezuela.

Is should have added a big “yet” but until that time, I stand by my rating of trump over bush.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Horseshoe theory posted:

QuickBooks is an accounting package for businesses (such as Schedule C, partnerships, S-Corporations and C-Corporations) and isn't really meant for tax purposes (other than using the balance sheet and income statement from it to prepare returns as well as the sales tax report for sales tax filings).

Op was probably thinking of quicken

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Radish posted:

Obama is real bad this shouldn't be a surprise. He's going to be stumping hard for Biden so people better be prepared for that.

Oh god there’s going to be one candidate who sucks up all the post citizens united dark money and then scares off the rest of the candidates again isn’t there. It’s going to be Clinton and MoM again in 2020. We’re doomed.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Heat and humidity dont matter if you're bougie enough to live and work in air conditioning all day.

also

sirtommygunn posted:

Heat and humidity don't leave several feet of bullshit in my driveway that I have to move myself.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Supposing this got passed, would amazon get anywhere by calling it a bill of attainder because of the title?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1040081660723843072?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

selec posted:

These loving nerds suck up reporting budgets that would otherwise go to actual news. What a loving scam.

https://twitter.com/byrosenberg/status/1055515294393745408?s=21

This was also my takeaway from the show the newsroom. If you’re the alpha male at the top, you get an obscene salary to pay for your midtown penthouse and everyone else starves.

• Locked thread