Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
'We can't do anything as long as the Republicans are attacking us!'

How convenient given Republicans literally do nothing but attack anything and everything Democrats are and do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

I don't see Jefferson used in the same way.

Give it time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Lol @ Democrats saying Bernie isn't a real Democrat like that's a bad thing

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I've said elsewhere, but government literally has the cheat codes for the economy. This is by design. Politicians don't want people realising the full ramifications of that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Problem is there's no 'standard for success' for being an American cop other than protecting the property of the rich.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Your Boy Fancy posted:

What? No. That's faulty rear end logic.

Destroying the Democratic Party isn't the answer. Pressuring them, pushing them toward our needs, and replacing them with increasingly leftist members is gonna serve your cause way better. The highest priority is organizing a positive force - coming up with the answer that rallies people. And the answers are gaining momentum. Now it's up to us to set those people into motion. Like, just yelling "gently caress these people" isn't gonna do poo poo. You don't build up your ally, you don't defeat your enemy, you just sit there and bitch. gently caress that, and gently caress you if that's your only action. Get in the god damned trench and fight for what you are, not for what someone else isn't.

As far as establishment Democrats and their sycopants are concerned, there's no difference. Any criticism is 'destroying the party' and enabling Trump. They don't want leftists to gain power and they don't want to take a cent less from their donors.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

(((Leftists)))

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Like, Trump could be best described as stumbling into victory in the Republican primaries and the general election basically by accident partly because his unfiltered horrible opinions resonated with enough people and included vague tidbits of hope to people who had none, and mostly because all of his opponents were amazingly incompetent hobgoblins who managed to squander massive campaign budgets, establishment and media support to lose massively.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

AriadneThread posted:

it's amazing how the gop can be such a smoking disorganized mess when they supposedly have majority control in every branch and the the majority of state governments, if they were at all competent, they'd be lining us all up to go into their free-market death camps by now

The GOP playbook works. The Democrat one doesn't.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I'm the centrist.

And most of these lovely people don't have a point beyond gurgling white hot rage at people that aren't pure enough for them. They'll whine and whine about being attacked, but all they do is attack others. They come up with over simplistic ideological jingoism and pretend it is policy, and when you try and get details about how they would enact it, you get attacked. it's really obvious who these people are and I really wish the mods would start probating people for this lovely gimmick. these same people will howl about free speech like the god damned nazis do when you try and shut them up.

Literally comparing leftists to Nazis now? Criticising you can never be legitimate, it's just a lovely gimmick?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Regardless of when it was put on the website, I think if we learn anything from 2016 it's that check my website doesn't really work for anyone.

That had to be learned?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The military is being run by adult children who demand new toys every day once they've gotten bored of their old ones.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

They're also a really great way to give money to your rich buddies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's about one step above 'There's little children in Klatch you know...'

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Volkerball posted:

You have 0 issue with atrocities if it's not Americans committing them. You only see Iraq, whereas I see Iraq and Rwanda. That's the difference between you and I, and why you don't have any moral qualms sentencing people to death by turning your back on them while simultaneously thinking of yourself as Gandhi. Certainly you didn't have much issue with the Assad regimes bombing campaign that made it impossible for IDP's to find shelter anywhere inside the country, that could've easily been prevented through a no fly zone. But those people's lives are less valuable because they can't be held up as a political prop to rant about Amerikkka. Maybe when you get a little older you'll understand that morality doesn't just conveniently align itself with whatever forums poster vitalsigns thinks is right at any given time. And hell, maybe you'll even get over dick jokes.

So obviously the answer is whenever bad things are happening anywhere in the world, you go there and shoot and bomb people until the bad things stop happening. And also take all the valuable things for safekeeping.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Team America was wrong in assuming liberals were actually opposed to the US playing World Police.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Also he isn't named Joe and isn't a plumber.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Grapplejack posted:

After Trump I never want to see another entertainment figure in a race. Give me boring politicians from now on please and thank you.

Problem is boring politicians don't win elections. We've seen that enough times by now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Jizz Festival posted:

Yeah it's totally cool that you have to be rich and well-connected to become a politician. The real problem is rude people.

Literally the Democrat position.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Then the solution you want is to reduce the barriers of entry to politics. Something I wager both major parties will vehemently oppose, perhaps especially the Democrats, thanks to entrenched nepotism and deeply classist culture.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Quorum posted:

In the age of mechanized agriculture, farmers are bougie. We aren't talking old timey Jeffersonian salt of the earth types here.

From most personal experience, most farmers are still struggling with booms and busts, expensive machinery and likely rising debt.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Remember when having a 9-5 job you were moderately competent at for the rest of your life until retirement was something to be dreaded?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Best to always assume /pol/ is hilariously wrong, or occasionally right for entirely the wrong reasons at best.

I'm still wondering what the hell the murder weapon was, from the sound of it it might have been a genuine machine gun. Which I think would be a new height as massacres go.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The Dems just threw away the last election desperately trying to appeal to suburban Republicans, you really think they're going to touch this with an eleven-foot pole?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Heaven help people live in places other than those you approve them living in.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's like you people don't get all your political knowledge from your uncle at Nintendo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Hey now, Australians are also on tons of meth. (though we call it 'ice'). And weed. We're all pretty hosed up on everything. I don't think we have the opiates problem, though I could be wrong.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

steinrokkan posted:

What's the purpose of constantly reminding people in a 100% anti-Republican forum about Republican scandals?

They're sometimes really funny. Though not after a few million times.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The 2016 primary was just the biggest manifestation of the struggle in American politics; that centrist liberals and establishment Democrats desperately don't want to move left and actually start dealing with people's mounting problems and issues because their donors don't want them to, no matter if it means they'll lose elections to near-incoherent proto-fascist demagogues because they have literally nothing left to campaign on themselves that anyone can bring themselves to give a flying gently caress about.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The media was never your friend, and they've only gotten worse.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

She's a witch! She turned me into a Nazi!

...I got better.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Didn't the CIA outright say they couldn't trace a single death to the Manning leaks? It probably saved more lives in any case.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I have no idea why the hell the Democrats think so highly of themselves and their organisation to actually be hostile to people who aren't eagerly signing up to be members of it and support its establishment. Not even Australia's political parties are that stupid. Especially when it's clear that you can't be anti-establishment enough in this day and age.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

'Party Unity' = 'Let's double down on the tactics that failed miserably against Trump'.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Your argument is literally 'We just started grudgingly treating the gays as humans, things are going TOO FAST' when people are literally dying because the change isn't coming fast enough.

They're not tired of change. They're tired of the same old status quo beating them down every day while you lie to them.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Office Pig posted:

The solution is to turn everybody else into boring robots, whether they’re willing or not.

That’s not really a joke.

Eggman/Snively 2020.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The Twin Towers were America's parents, and American proceeded to become the Batman.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It seems significant in a 'rats fleeing the sinking ship' way.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You can rail at the posters in here all you want, it's only one vote each. The point is a lot of people aren't going to see the point in putting in the increasingly difficult effort to get to the ballot box to vote for the lesser evil. The Democrats are determined to commit political suicide and take most of the country with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Falstaff posted:

Except people do that. Australia's vote in 2010 saw 6% of their ballots spoiled.

It's not even hard to do - you just submit your voting card without having filled anything out and bam - spoiled ballot. If you want to talk about paths of least resistance, to me that's what qualifies.

You can draw a really big penis on your ballot.

Do it right and it also counts as a valid vote!

• Locked thread