Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Lowtax got on Struggle Session, which is like Chapo's nerdier, more media-obsessed little brother, and immediately said the n-word like 4 minutes in. It was Not Good.

I actually missed him saying that but he came across as a pretty standard uncharismatic diffident nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Just wanted to remind everyone that Levi Sanders and Bernie Sanders are different people.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

I don't think Bernie ever defended Confederate flags and in fact he went out of his way to hire BLM people so IDK

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

VitalSigns posted:

Some of Sanders' supporters (but not the man himself or the vast majority of his supporters) are racist dicks, therefore let me support Hillary "superpredators" Clinton whose supporters are more likely to be racist dicks than Sanders' oh and also her response to BLM asking her to do more about violence against PoC's was "well why don't you run for office then"

This also

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Khisanth Magus posted:

The hilarious thing is that during the primary there were lots of people, including on this board, who were saying that black people would be more likely to vote for Hillary because the Clinton's have always been friends with the black community and Bill was kind of the first black president and Bernie wouldn't say he was going to instantly solve racism.

Bill Clinton oversaw some of the most egregious intensification of the police's war against minorities while facilitating massive transfers of wealth from.those same communities.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Ahh yes Hillary Clinton's well developed policy of turning a random middle eastern country into a mad Max hellscape every five years or so.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

The DNC is holding its winter meeting next week, at which the Rules & Bylaws committee will be voting on the Unity Reform Committee proposals.

I'm gonna go ahead and spoil this:

Nothing significant will change and they will continue to shut out the left wing of the party

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Are a bunch of posters going to argue that the Cops NEED the ability to fabricate probable cause now?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

ACAB

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

We either have the conversation on the GOPs terms or not at all.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Nosfereefer posted:

This thread is fish hook central.

First it's aggressively defending voting for literal Nazis to save democracy, and now it's giving rich republicans money to own Trump.

Almost everyone was making GBS threads on the one person defending voting for Nazis

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

I do not understand this fight can someone help me out here

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

I like Ellison a lot but I don't think he's in a good position to run for president right now.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

My local congressman has received tens of thousands of dollars from financial groups including Goldman Sachs, and refuses to endorse M4A despite ~70% of his constituents supporting it.

While attemtping to organize people to pressure him into supporting it I'm constantly told that we need to be soft-spoken and respectful towards him because we don't want to alienate him.

Who does he work for exactly?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

So stoked that Gillibrand is a fellow grey wolf

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

You're dividing the party by pointing out that this is bad.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

But seriously why are we giving nearly $2 million dollars to an organization run by a politician who has proven she has no idea how to win elections?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Barabara Bush's work for literacy rings kind of hollow with the way the GOP has gutted public education in this country.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Cuomo is working really hard to piss off both political wings with this move.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Rent-A-Cop posted:

There are enough Blue Dogs, Wall Street cocksuckers, and general rich racist garbage people in the Democratic Party that no amount of majority will ever result in anything good happening.

As we have seen, the DNC will torpedo a campaign in favor of the GOP rather than risk change.

Try to refrain from using homophobic slurs buddy

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/kfile/status/988868983565705216
https://twitter.com/kfile/status/988869616515633152
I lost interest in bringing up every single thing Joy says, but... ‘Russian hackers posted my bigotry’ is a bit much.

This rules

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Dead Reckoning posted:

The right to free speech and assembly does not include the right to block freeways, which is what the bill increases the penalties for.

Yeah there's no way they're targeting a specific group with these bills.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Lightning Knight posted:

MLK also blocked roads, to achieve social disruption and force attention on the issue.

Christ you’re thick DR.

He's actually just racist

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Sephyr posted:

If you wanna change the party, get involved, kids! Run for something or shut up and vote for us!

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/26/17285576/steny-hoyer-levi-tillemann-the-intercept-colorado-jason-crow

The Democratic party works for capital and nothing else.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Nothus posted:

So it's just like alcohol, got it. That's not a very convincing argument.

Same writer:

http://theweek.com/articles/752954/some-women-dont-want-reproductive-rights-im

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yes because when we arm we get killed, the only weapon they can't take is your body

gently caress em up comrades

They certainly can take your body
The proletariat must be armed.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Spun Dog posted:

Not so much defending her as questioning the priorities of some of the posters in this thread who can't stop poking her corpse.

Maybe if her corpse wasn't actively extorting money from the party she supposedly supports we wouldn't have to criticize her.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

it’s kinda lovely for everyone is enabling his meltdown.

This might not blow anyone's mind but the media are essentially parasites.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Your Parents posted:

if you're not a leftist you shouldnt be wasting everyone's time who is trying to vote democrat, stealing their money, marketing yourself towards the left, etc, no. the democrats have no business NOT being leftist.

But you see, if they're too left then the donor base might not support the incestuous consultant class who suck at winning elections which would be bad because

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Ogmius815 posted:

It's really nice to have confirmation that there's one standard for Hillary and another for people you agree with ideologically though. It's been obvious all along, but it's nice to have it straight from the horse's mouth.

Sure buddy

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

VitalSigns posted:

I'm not seeing the double standard, pretty much everyone has said "if Bernie wanted money for his donor list, I would criticize him just the same"

His criticism is entirely fabricated. It's bizarre.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Bill Clinton is a rapist shitbag used car salesman and defending him was the worst idea the party has had in 50 years.

Also he sucks at saxophone

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

[alien in independence day talking through brent spiner voice] release me.

https://splinternews.com/i-yearn-for-deaths-sweet-embrace-1826207903

How long until the libs get in here and yell at us for talking about Hillary?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Radish posted:

Yeah but at least he's finally getting some light shone on his terrible safety and labor practices instead of just 100% praise.

Grimes saying he absolutely never discouraged his employees from unionizing she would know was some real :wtf: though.

It's standard practice for workers to bring their greivances to the boss' girlfriend while the boss is showing off his factory to her don't you know anything?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Jethro posted:

I hope the next version of the forums lets you give kudos to individual posts, because this is brilliant.

How could you have that kind of functionality within a 404 error?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

JeffersonClay posted:

No, you didn’t. He’s making a false equivalency between google firing a moron biotruther and kaepernick. You can tell, because he doubled down in the comments, which I will post again for all the reading challenged itt.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/999637680110624768

He loathes people who think Kaepernick should be able to kneel and google should fire outspoken misogynists.

He's still talking about conservatives there buddy

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao what loving accomplishments

It took a lot of work to destroy Democrat control of the state Senate ok!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Trevor Noah is not good. :colbert:

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Jesus loving hell what is wrong with liberals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

WampaLord posted:

Cool so the score so far is:

Actually turned out to be Karl Marx despite being raised rich - 1
Passively enjoys the status quo and would hate any change to their amazing lifestyles - 34,999,999.

Feel free to let me know about any more good ones, I'll update the scoreboard as needed.

What's especially hilarious about this is that Marx made it really clear in his writing the the bourgeoisie we're the enemies of the working class and that they would not give up any of their wealth without it being forcibly seized from them.

• Locked thread