Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ground floor on USPol.

Anyway, godspeed to the city that gets Amazon HQ2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Experiment: elect Kshama Sawant

There's a mayoral election coming up and we already had a primary, which selected 2 candidates.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mr Hootington posted:

White people love their beloved pedos.

Ed Murray is gay, which adds another dimension to it. None of these allegations were known when he ran for mayor. Also, most people thought the first 4 accusers were lying because they have criminal records, either (which is hosed up, but entirely expected considering how the US treats any African American victim of a police shooting).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There really needs to be investigations coming from outside of the department. I'm so loving tired of "we investigated internally, and we found no wrongdoing by the cop."

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Denver and Seattle sound incredibly familiar. Massive wave of young people moving in, housing crisis that's screwing over low-income people, a giant homeless problem that keeps getting derailed because of NIMBYism, massive scandals in the mayor's office (actually that's just Seattle), the firsts to legalize weed... perhaps we are more similar than different (except when it comes to facing each other in Super Bowls).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Dead Reckoning posted:

Can you provide a specific example of this?

One of the most high profile police brutality cases this month with an NFL player Michael Bennett, the Las Vegas police officer conveniently had his body cam off.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Prison / criminal justice reform chat:

I feel like a lot of people think if we commune / pardon everyone in for drug offenses, we would massively solve the prison population problem. But the good majority of prisoners are in there for violent crime. So if we want to reform criminal justice, it means coming to terms with allowing some people who made horrible decisions to be allowed back into society. And I think that's the right thing to do in many cases.

Basically a lot of leftists are libertarian when it comes prison reform. But the weed users, maaaaan

Edit: a source on my prison numbers so people don't think I'm making this up https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/30/15591700/mass-incarceration-john-pfaff-locked-in

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Let's be honest here, has there been anyone who's actually said "oh wait, they weren't protesting the troops by kneeling? Well that changes my opinion!"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The Washington State Senate flipped. Manka Dhingra won her race, and now Democrats control all 3 branches :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If the Republican party had superdelegates, Trump would not have won the nomination.

Superdelegates have mostly worked as intended. The rest of the primary system is a shitshow though (get rid of the caucus system, goddamn).

• Locked thread