Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Febreeze posted:

I've been doing this poo poo for a full decade gently caress me

My first homemade football cards were posted on a Geocities page. Page one of Farthouse 2.0 has a long list of contributors. I miss that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Darth Brooks posted:

My first homemade football cards were posted on a Geocities page. Page one of Farthouse 2.0 has a long list of contributors. I miss that.

True, those were some fun times.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Silly Burrito posted:

Wanna feel old? It's been a hair over 10 years since Febreeze and the Farthouse made it to ESPN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh_NiZ7l6dM&t=112s

Relive the fun!: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499370&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=110#post412949682

Jesus Christ where does the time go

A truly awesome moment is TFF history.

I'm still an ardent drawplay fan - it's as funny now as when it first started. Keep up the great work, Dave.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

it's as funny now as when it first started.

Jesus. Just absolutely savage.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

MrLogan posted:

Jesus. Just absolutely savage.

Huh?

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
I did not know that ANYONE from SA made it to ESPN, neat.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BigBeefCity posted:

I did not know that ANYONE from SA made it to ESPN, neat.

Oh yeah, multiple people and not just for the “streaking idiot runs on the field” usual reasons. :)

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

One more AAFC team. I had decided not to do the teams that had current NFL names & logos. The Browns and 49ers survived to modern day more or less and the AAFC version of the Baltimore Colts would look the same as the NFL's, just in green. The Buffalo Bills lent their name to the AFL team. Then I had an idea.

This is an image from a program used for a game in New York.

The Bills used this wild eyed fellow for their programs

That led to a logo with William "Buffalo Bill" Cody, riding a Bison.

This the jersey. The team colors were silver and blue so I tried to stay away from the Lions and Cowboys in the design. EDIT Making the uniform a little less generic.

And also editing the Rockets a bit.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 27, 2023

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Oh yeah, multiple people and not just for the “streaking idiot runs on the field” usual reasons. :)

SB is being modest here since it was his video that was featured. I couldn't find the ESPN broadcast but here's his video in a USA Today article.

Off the top of my head, it's Febreeze, SB, and Gendo that have had mentions on ESPN -- any others?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I was featured on the local Cleveland news when my mom sent a care package of football plays I drew on drawing paper to Bill Belichick when he was the head coach of the Browns. I believe I was 7 at the time.

I'm still waiting on my royalties from his Super Bowl wins.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hockles posted:

I was featured on the local Cleveland news when my mom sent a care package of football plays I drew on drawing paper to Bill Belichick when he was the head coach of the Browns. I believe I was 7 at the time.

I'm still waiting on my royalties from his Super Bowl wins.

You're more qualified than at least 2 current assistant coaches ol Billy 5 aces has on board.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I got on ESPN a few times, Brit logos were the first, but my favorite was when I did that Eli Manning bucket painting and it somehow ended up on ESPN and Colin Cowherd didn't like it

The best Farthouse success story was when Spoeank noticed the fart during the Tomsula press conference, I made a vine about it, and that ended up on Deadspin and became a legitimate news story that day.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Someone here, don’t remember who, did that old timey Butt fumble edit that made it on espn and they credited “tff films”

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

It wasn't FArt, per se, but wasn't it someone on TFF who realized mid-broadcast their seats were right in front of the announcers, and popped their head up in the background of an in-suite cutaway?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Febreeze posted:

I got on ESPN a few times, Brit logos were the first, but my favorite was when I did that Eli Manning bucket painting and it somehow ended up on ESPN and Colin Cowherd didn't like it

The best Farthouse success story was when Spoeank noticed the fart during the Tomsula press conference, I made a vine about it, and that ended up on Deadspin and became a legitimate news story that day.

Colin Cowherd's ire is a badge of honor and I hope you're proud of that

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pops Mgee posted:

Someone here, don’t remember who, did that old timey Butt fumble edit that made it on espn and they credited “tff films”

Yeah, that was me. :) This was the one that Dango mentioned above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAQnJdOniCk

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Didn't ESPN call FireJerryKill.com morally reprehensible on air?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

That sounds about right.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Didn't http://isgrudengoneyet.com/ get national attention? I could have sworn that was a goon site

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Docjowles posted:

Didn't http://isgrudengoneyet.com/ get national attention? I could have sworn that was a goon site

Yeah it definitely was and got written about across a lot of blogs and such at the very least. I think it got referenced by pretty famous people although I don't know if it got air time on ESPN.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah, that was me. :) This was the one that Dango mentioned above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAQnJdOniCk

One of the best pieces of FArt ever produced

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

swickles posted:

Yes Fowler called it that on College Gameday.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Uniwatch asked for concepts for a new Denver Broncos uniform and logo a few months ago. I submitted one but it just wasn't right. So I redid it. And redid it. And redid it. A few times. Anyways I have one that I'm happy with (for now.) I think it's 90-95% of the way there.

As always, opinions are welcome.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I’m digging Chunky Horse.

I think you nailed the colors. Nice middle ground between the classic blues and the midnight blurple they have now.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Not a fan of chunky boy* buy I love the colors and everything else

*Specifically that circle where the cheek is

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I can see that. It looks like the upper part of the cheek is the issue. The eye is small for a realistic drawing also.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

After seeing your reference it makes sense. I'm no artist haha

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Like I said, the top half of the muzzle was drawn incorrectly. The circle of the cheek continued when it should look more like this.

It was worse. I've been playing with it this weekend. Someone suggested adding a base, like a chess piece to the horse head and it's developed from that.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 3, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I definitely prefer that one to chonk horse :)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Yeah that one looks great

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yeah that one looks great

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

This is the new drawing put in the design. I made the jawline orange because otherwise the ear was looking out of place.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

JJ Watt must namesearch himself on twitter because not only is this one of the few times I've seen a player actively see one of my comics, he responded in like 2 minutes flat and nobody tagged him

https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1662127099900231683?t=6izvutkwYnypWd7AYsmTFQ&s=19

Anyway if I end up dead this is why

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo a quick reply from the man himself. That’s pretty cool!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the thumbnail makes it look like he's lifting the middle kettlebell with his dick.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

the thumbnail makes it look like he's lifting the middle kettlebell with his dick.

The ultimate kegels

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Febreeze posted:

The ultimate kegels

WORK WORK WORK WORK

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Febreeze posted:

JJ Watt must namesearch himself on twitter because not only is this one of the few times I've seen a player actively see one of my comics, he responded in like 2 minutes flat and nobody tagged him

https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1662127099900231683?t=6izvutkwYnypWd7AYsmTFQ&s=19

It was a good life.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Febreeze posted:

We’ll make sure a Sexy Rexy is included on your tombstone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Febreeze posted:

You have made a powerful enemy this day