Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

oversteer posted:

Can't wait for ads to track FaceID status and pause when you're not watching

You assume they're opening that code to anyone, it appears to have the same locks around it that TouchID does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Sock The Great posted:

Most carriers have moved away from that. They just replaced it with the payment plans and now it's a bit more transparent how much of each bill is going towards the hardware and how much is going towards the service.

I've had to explain to family and friends how the new system is actually way better than the old 2 year contract $200 down bullshit so many times. Your phone bill ends up being basically the same price and most carriers let you get a new phone every year with just paying the sales tax, or you can keep your phone for 3+ years and enjoy a cheaper phone bill after 2 years.

Edit:

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

What was the retail price of a Nokia brick phone back in the late 90s?
I'm not sure but I remember the Motorola RAZR being $600 at one point in time which is about $740 in today's money.

• Locked thread