Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero
I was hoping for some stats on sales and stuff. But no, right into product updates. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

eriddy posted:

What's the use case for a Apple Watch with LTE? When do you have a watch and not your phone? Not hating, just curious.

Running/sports is the typical use case.

Also a reminder to everyone who is looking to buy on release day: if you've locked your credit or done a fraud alert because of the Equifax dumpster fire, you'll need to unlock it if you're doing anything but paying full price up front and staying on your existing carrier.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Mahoning posted:

Me. It is the exact same device as the iPhone X, except without the unnecessary extra few millimeters of screen space on the top and bottom, the dumb unnecessary FaceID system (complete with ANIMOJIS!!!), and it uses an Arabic numeral instead of a Roman one in its name.

Obviously I'm loving around but it doesn't look like there will be absolutely any difference performance-wise between the X and 8, and very few differences feature and design-wise. I'm actually rather shocked.

It's also going to be available in the normal release month vs November, which makes a difference if you're on the Apple Payment/upgrade plan and want to have a release-day phone next year.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Do you know how much wireless service costs in other countries? Cry me a river for these companies who are incurring virtually zero marginal cost in providing their overpriced lovely service. The idea that you think 1,200 dollars a year for loving zero marginal cost cell phone service is a good deal is mind boggling.

He explains accurately why you get nothing for signing up for a new contract these days (because the carriers have pulled the phone subsidy out of the service price and lowered the price) and you poo poo on him for answering your question and you move the goalposts to be how terribly overpriced (presumably) US carriers are.

• Locked thread