Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Power is out in Atlanta so I'm watching from a Panera like the bougie scum that Apple appeals to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Animoji is going to be the most used feature

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jony Ive vid :schlick:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pour trate mode

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Woz is unimpressed

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Durzel posted:

How can Samsung do a edge-to-edge screen and Apple can't?
They can't you rube

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

apple is going to get sued to hell once kids start licking that charging mat and electrocuting themselves.
I don't think you understand how electromagnetism works

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Magic Underwear posted:

Yeah but its not like you could find another phone that has an edge to edge screen, no chin, fingerprint scanner, wireless charging, expandable storage and costs $275 less. Simply not possible.

edit: and headphone port
That's not edge to edge :confused:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Michael Scott posted:

He means sides which is actually a good point. The screen would look cooler if it was truly side to side, but there is about the same amount of black border on the X sides as there is in the 7/8.
I personally think side edge to edge is stupid because of touch detection when you're just holding the phone and blocking the viewing area when holding the phone.

I never thought they should do top/bottom edge to edge for the same reason when holding in landscape, but when people were mocking up edge to edge for the iPhone X, half the people wanted full edge to edge with ears and half wanted bars. Apple was hosed no matter what they did.

The top/bottom black bars on the S8 look silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Zwille posted:

Speaking of cases, the worst thing about this update for me is that Apple is selling folio cases for the iPhone now. Gross.
They're actually very practical for reducing the amount of shot in your pockets.

I go naked though.

• Locked thread