Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

TyrantWD posted:

I don't need a watch. If anything, I often have weeks where I forget to charge my Fitbit, and go without it, but psychologically, it provides more motivation to walk 20 blocks over taking the train. I used to use the step tracker on the phone before I got a Fitbit, but I feel the need to justify wearing a step tracker, and end up walking a lot more when I wear it. I also find having a smart watch helps for little things like checking the time or a text message, because I'll take a quick glance and get back to whatever I was doing, whereas when I take out my phone, I'll scroll through all of my news notifications, catch up on my different Whatsapp groups, and end up wasting time.

Sure I could get over this with a little more discipline, but a technological solution is just so much easier. If the Apple Watch could last 2 full days, I'm sold.

My S2 does. I charge it every other night, just to get some extra mileage out of the battery. The charger stays on my nightstand so you kind of have to deliberately 'forget' to charge it.

If I charge it up overnight, by the time I go to bed the next day I'm probably down to ~60% battery. Hell, I'm on 79% right now after not charging last night but giving it a 15 minute charge this morning whilst I took a shower. I mean if you're doing 60 min workouts where the heart rate monitor is on constantly every day then you're gonna get less than that, but I get my 30 mins a day most days in the form of brisk walks and I can't complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Cultural Marxist posted:

Trees at the genius bar. What a time to be alive.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Vegetable posted:

Lol no, I can't count the number of bullet-riddled presentations by business school students I've seen

Anybody who has eaten poo poo at a presentation knows not to put what you're gonna say on the slides. Students do not have the experience to know this.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I can’t wait for the first Apple City.

Nah, it'd be a citadel. A walled garden. Build that wall.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
The gently caress is this poo poo?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm the guy hawking hundred dollar watch bands at an iPhone event.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Lmao the eddy cue kiss

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Snuffman posted:

Eddie Cue is the. worst.

Apple's answer to 'The Mooch'

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Good job they're streaming 4K HDR content on a load of devices that doesn't support it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Vegetable posted:

if i name my kid Jenova please kill me

...mother...

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

mcmagic posted:

The hardware of the phone costs probably like 70 bucks. It's really stunning that they think enough people will pay the grand.

Shitloads will pay the grand. Ironically the high price will likely make it sell better.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

mcmagic posted:

Do you know how much wireless service costs in other countries? Cry me a river for these companies who are incurring virtually zero marginal cost in providing their overpriced lovely service. The idea that you think 1,200 dollars a year for loving zero marginal cost cell phone service is a good deal is mind boggling.

£20 p/m for 20GB data and no contractual minimum term. :smug:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

mcmagic posted:

That's expensive compared to Korea and Japan too...

Ya but I'd also have to live in a shoebox-sized apartment in Japan or Korea so...

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pivo posted:

Uff yeah importing the RAZR before it was widely released in N.A. ... that was expensive. The latest & greatest (at the time thinnest and smallest) phones always cost a pretty penny, relative to others.

Nokia candybars were pretty inexpensive though, relatively speaking, but they were not the thinnest or the smallest.

The Nokia 8800 was something like £700-800 iirc, though most of their candybars were pretty cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/13/how-iphone-x-face-id-works/

Think I'm just going to spring for the top end X. Fuckit.

• Locked thread