Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

eriddy posted:

What's the use case for a Apple Watch with LTE? When do you have a watch and not your phone? Not hating, just curious.

I'd like to go on long runs (read - 8 miles or more) without having to lug a huge smartphone on an armband or belt or something and still be reachable in case of emergency.

Watch with LTE will do just that.

I'm pretty set on getting an Apple Watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Mahoning posted:

Me. It is the exact same device as the iPhone X, except without the unnecessary extra few millimeters of screen space on the top and bottom, the dumb unnecessary FaceID system (complete with ANIMOJIS!!!), and it uses an Arabic numeral instead of a Roman one in its name.

Obviously I'm loving around but it doesn't look like there will be absolutely any difference performance-wise between the X and 8, and very few differences feature and design-wise. I'm actually rather shocked.

I think the size thing is a big selling point. I like having a 5+ inch screen, but i don't like holding my 6s+

Looks like the X has an even bigger screen than the + series while being a smaller form factor. That's pretty nice in my book

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Pivo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HTXMhKWqnA

mkbhd here shows that videos are not always rendered around the notch; just when zoomed in. OLED magic still makes it disappear when viewing 16:9 content

Three different swipe down gestures are kinda lovely UX, imo. It's going to confuse a lot of people

• Locked thread