Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

This red phone is very important to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

pzy posted:

I miss Steve a lot and I'm glad Goons are still Goony about him

It's sad that he's gone but the irony is that mawkish opening is something it seems like he would've hated

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Sock The Great posted:

Unless they do something really innovative here, the Apple TV refresh should have just been something that showed up on the store some day. Pretty much every other streaming box is offering 4K and HDR at this point.

They've always been a bit more excited about their Apple TV stuff than the rest of the world.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wait, which game company?

I got this joke

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Solvency posted:

On the plus side, stealing an iPhone X is now Grand Theft instead of Petty Theft.

unless you live in Virginia where the threshold is $200 so stealing *any* iPhone is grand theft.

Don Lapre posted:

heaven forbid you have to go outside without a cellular device.

Tell that to someone who works on-call and can get fired if they don't pick up.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

fordan posted:

It's also going to be available in the normal release month vs November, which makes a difference if you're on the Apple Payment/upgrade plan and want to have a release-day phone next year.

poo poo, that's a good point, I was thinking of trying that for the first time for the X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

AlternateAccount posted:

The lack of subsidization is kind of interesting. The raw, unfiltered $1000 buttfuck of actual phone pricing will be difficult for a lot of people, regardless of means.

Everything's been moving away from subsidization and onto payment plans for years, and Apple wasn't in the habit of announcing carrier pricing at events anyway.

• Locked thread