Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Roosevelt posted:

:psyduck: what is going on

its so hot in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

FMguru posted:

my poasting station

(it also doubles as a minuteman ii missile launch board)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygdv1aQnNRY

head between knees now children time to die

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

Ok I know this is going to be controversial but all british media is overrated including peep show, watchmen, HHGTG, and the beatles.

houdini and doyle was pretty awesome but got shitcanned everything i like from BTV gets shitcanned

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

prefect posted:

this video turned out to be a lot more dystopian than i was expecting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nLiQBV6A7c

best one he did was "go insane" i still rock that song every once in awhile

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

they're all male, aren't they

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

are you a bad enough dude to listen to the dangerous sound

https://twitter.com/AP/status/918547256525185024

thanks fuckhead now i have to pick my brain up off my keyboard nws that poo poo, dude.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

"It's like liquid poo poo spraying from the head of a walking shitbot, Randy..."

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

its friday m'dudes

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

No need for fear, it's just Bagger 288 here to save the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azEvfD4C6ow

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

maskenfreiheit posted:

YOSPOS: the paint

i used to work for an automotive paint company, and would routinely walk away with gallons of car paint that, when they were custom mixed and tested, were slightly off spec. I mean synthetic enamel, acrylic polyurethane, the whole works. I must have 50 gallons of various colors stashed away. I have a gallon of that pearlescent stuff, but never figured out what I could paint with it. iirc, it sold to distributors at $200/gallon

Now that i think of it, my snowblower would look pretty cool with a color changing paint job.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Kenny Logins posted:

too bad you don't have more than a gallon. would make a baller lawn mower too, more sun-catching in that season

a gallon could spray out probably 5 snow blowers, and 10 lawnmowers if your good at spraying. I HVLP spray all the time, not super efficiently, and I can probably paint a small car with a gallon (you're going to reduce it, and activate it anyway which stretches the volume).

the nice thing about these fuckups i picked up is they're single stage, so no clearcoat necessary. i was IT at the place, and walked by the lab and watched the techs dumping gallons of paint into a 55 gal drum. i asked them why, and they said that they were off-spec gallons. so, i asked if they could save back a few. i didn't gaf about what color, i could find a use, and they said yep fine, dude. so now i have all this car paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Kenny Logins posted:

cool. i'll be the first to admit i don't really know how automotive paint works. does it go bad as fast as interior paint seems to?

yes, and no i guess. i mean, it does start to get weird as it gets older -- meaning i'd never paint a car that i cared about with old paint, but a lawnmower or whatever who gives a poo poo. as long as it sticks and is waterproof. i've used 12 yo paint with pretty decent results.

Cold on a Cob posted:

stop teasing us and paint your snow blower with that cool paint

i painted the main body yellow, and the auger green last year. i picked up another, smaller one last year which does need a paint job (after it's running right), so i'll take you up on your offer.

NE Ohio, man, we're just waiting for the snowshoe to fall now.

• Locked thread