Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this album sold 6 million copes and look at the mother fuckin cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
did we
reallt need to say no racism

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

if they didnt say no i guarantee some moron is going to post some ebonics meme and act shocked when called out on it

kinda worth it to ban whomever

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
john cena warrior princess owns

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Linguica posted:

yes it is actually brighter, it is a direct result of quantum physics

is this quantum electrodynamics? where it's like the path is predicted and the most likely one usually ones? and so having all three lenses is a more probable path than two alone?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aix posted:

a polarizing filter only lets through light thats oscilating in one direction. so if you put two filters on top of each other with a 45 degree angle nothing gets through cause the lower filter blocks out all the light that would be able to pass the top filter. obviously if you put one at half that angle instead youll have some llight left. if you put on a third filter at that same lower angle, youll get less light but it there will still be light passing through.
light is weird. its both a wave and a particle at the same time and also totally NOT fun to learn about

concept to learn is awesome but i assume the maths sucks

the feynman lectures where he describes it is aj interesting read

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Face Joe posted:

wtf is an incel

prepare to learn about the saddest race on earth

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yolo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im watching vice principals s2

the syntshs are cool

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
eat your mashed potatoes you jackass

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i need to get my “gently caress around with rendering skulls” on

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nah cycles can't do dispersion, you can fake it, I think its because it doesn't have a bi-directional solver. but that is luxrender from a while ago. what makes it work is having a scattering volume everywhere, ya can't generally see light travelling through air lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Hmmm, I should look into luxrender because cycles is a real poo poo to deal with.

hmm lol cycles rules. luxrender is pretty much dead, cant remember last time they did anything with it. they put all their effort into this minilux which is kinda cool because its so small and efficient, but there are about 8 different path tracers to choose but only the CPU driven bidirectional one is fully featured and its so slow compared to cycles and the GPU path tracers just produce worse results despite apparently using same algorithims

geneuinly curious why you dont like cycles? there was a reason I moved from luxrender to cycles for sure

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
killing in the name of rules

my opinion is that the first ratm album is one of the most solid albums there is. every track rules and zack actually sings in some kind of rhythm

plus somehow the sound quality on the album is absolutely top notch

evil empire has some great tracks too. cool riffs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Ehhh I'm finding it super slow, even with GPU acceleration. I'm probably just not used to optimizing it.

non-biased renderers are always going to be slow though, compared to ray tracers or scanline renderers

tip for gpu rendering is to make the tile size as big as possible. my 2gb card could deal with 128x128 but the bigger the better. whereas with cpu rendering smaller is better. this is under the performance tab

ya cant really optimise cycles too much. under the sampling tab, i use squared samples and the highest I ever go for high quality stills is 50 which is 2500 samples per pixel, and usually use no more than 20 which is 400 samples for doing animations.

tbh cycles produces some pretty clean results compared to other path tracers ive used

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cool m8

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
[quote="“Improbable Lobster”" post="“476722230”"]

[/quote]

“forced” to “ban” children

coz they might see something that resembles the genitals half of all humans have

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvmuCPvRoWQ

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

same mate

same

just hanging around for another half an hour before going out to a gig

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

no

no
winter is the worst

summer all year. no rain. just sunshine and long evenings

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

chicago isn't cold

loving can't stand "this isnt cold" gatekeeping

mother fuckers who are stupid enough to join the army and get sent to alaska and spend hours in -10c weather then come along and say "its not cold here" when everyone else is freezing. maybe its relative you mother fucker and you're not superior in any way because you're acclimitised to cold weather.

<-ANGRY

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idk why you wouldn’t want to have a nice dinner, enjoy the food and the company, and THEN see a movie

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

i just name mine after appliances that might have wifi

SAMSUNG_BENCHTOP_SLOWCOOKER_XP

SAMSUNG_TOASTER_TOASTMASTER_SERIES_MX

SAMSUNG_SPORK_V2

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

i found this while cleaning up an old hard drive

i was there. it was when i was loving around with luxrender and volumes. you made that in maxwell.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
around the cyan/magenta era that horsemans ushered in when he gave a handful of us some CGA avatars

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

because time and money tend to be finite, and not everything warrants an upper class restaurant

i guess

ugh

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i want to fall into a black hole

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KoRMaK posted:

I bet cha do :bigtran:

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m currently making a poor life decision

which lately is kinda my brand

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trig Discipline posted:

but did you get head

i am going to regret this acutely for hours

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

vodkat posted:

Speaking from personal experience I would try to avoid making bad decisions.

srsly hope you are ok echi and manage to sort things out :glomp:

lol i got two pizzas from pizza hut

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i acutely regret

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kenny Logins posted:

I can barely fathom how bad nz Pizza Hut is on your guts

lol why would nz pizza hut be worse?

but

i am paying

what’s that poo scale thing? between rocks and slop? well imagine that but with 5 new dimensions and imagine a line intersecting all stages at once and moving in between curled up invisible dimensions and that comes close to describing what sitting on the toilet has been like since the pizza

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trig Discipline posted:

if you take your dads name often people will just end up calling you junior

jesus lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i would def get ripped and sex all day that’s why i stink

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nz just got a left wing govt

cant wait for those cheques in the mail

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i can't wait to get home and noodle around. auto-export to gif is gonna be great. i'll make a thread with yospos challenges or smth later and we can all laugh at how bad echi is heh.

what

i will be horrendous. i was pretty bad at tis-100 and shenzen but at least i her coding as a concept but spacechem and infinitfactory i just plain suck at that spatial manipulation stuff

lol let’s give it a go. make the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just bought it. love zach. love tech companies ending in tronics

• Locked thread