Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

im not gonna Google that and am too lazy to figure it out

only if you are on the schlieffen plan though

8=H, the 8th letter
HH = heil hitler

14 is the 14 words

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sapozhnik posted:

i'm the safety critical gaming console

it's much closer to being durability/stability certified than your average computer!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sapozhnik posted:

yeah apple and their like, much like the boomers that founded them, have done a great job of pulling the ladder up behind them, even if we discount the drastically higher baseline of technological sophistication these days.

i'm not sure what you think was done here - largely those computers were thrown together from a selection of off-the-shelf parts with a few custom chips tossed in if there wasnt an off the shelf part that did what you want.

you can still do that today, you can buy some fuckin generic motherboards and processors and stuff, but why should anyone particularly care about your particular computer? probably be for the best to just build an addon card or USB device rather than a new computer. the only thing you have to offer is that new functionality on its own, why would someone want to pay your for the normal computer to go with it?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

SmokaDustbowl posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about

did they repo your ability to read quotes

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

SmokaDustbowl posted:

why do alt right nazis like japan and anime so much? it's killing my steez

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Investigation_of_Global_Policy_with_the_Yamato_Race_as_Nucleus

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
rick & morty is xavier renegade angel for morons. it's time to step up to real tv.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

naturally occurring vaporwave

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Improbable Lobster posted:

alpha centauri supports play by email

i'd love to play it but all i have is phone internet and my connection is poo poo

play by email is straight up designed for poo poo internet that constantly drops lol

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sagebrush posted:

they really should have drawn that scene out more. at least put some silence in the middle, between the intrinsic field separator accident and the first time he starts to reappear. give the story time to breathe.

watchmen would have done better as a miniseries i think

pretty sure they do this in the full-length directors cut thing,

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The main thing that griped me about Watchmen the move was the fact that it totally missed the reason for the 'end of the world' denouement - the squid (I don't know if they could have made it work on screen but still) is meant to be completely outré and bring together humanity against a possible common foe, Doc Manhattan is an American Asset, just saying oops he's gone rogue sorry our bad is not going to defuse international tensions like at all.

theres also not any real indication that the fake alien thing would have actually defused international tensions long term, veidt's been wrong about things plenty of times before. additionally itd have probably looked a bit ludicrous onscreen due to whole effect of seeing it for any appreciable length of screen time versus a few panels in the comicz

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Trig Discipline posted:

my mom always says "oklahoma is a great place to be FROM" which i think is true

it sets the bar so low that everywhere else is amazing

"running water, amazing!"

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
im all of these words

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

duTrieux. posted:

seriously, why bother reading a comic that specifically addresses comics as a medium and then skip the stuff in it designed to specifically address comics as a medium

"ugh, this media product is a metaphor for the genre but it's got a whole bunch of boring metaphors in it. i jus tskipped to the good parts."

yeah, the good parts

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

that's british comics

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

bump_fn posted:

its anime and you shoudl have to eat a sixer at minimum

sure if all marvel and dc comics are anime and forbidden

SmokaDustbowl posted:

soo fishmech-san... yaranaika

hai

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sagebrush posted:

you're sitting here on the internet while living in a first-world welfare state, and someone on the street in india is having to pick rotten rice out of the garbage to stay alive. no complaining.

and these poors here, they have COLOR TVS!!!!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
reminder that sagebrush is so dumb he hasn't taken a vacation since he was in high school, according to himself

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

theflyingorc posted:

yeah but this ad literally makes no sense, whatsoever, as offensive when you see the entire 3 seconds of it

you literally have to not show the third part

"the first 2/3 of this ad are racist as hell but the last third doesn't add any more racism!"

get hosed

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

theflyingorc posted:

this isn't how communication works

*theflyingorc as he's getting beat up* no you see when i shouted that word for 2 seconds i was about today "shouldn't be said" afterwards its not racist!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Trig Discipline posted:

the secret to dressing like a field biologist at a job interview is:

1. wear clothes that are well below the standard anyone else would consider "nice" or "professional", e.g. "i am wearing pants that are not jeans and a sweater with no holes in it larger than a dime"
2. still look clearly uncomfortable because you feel overdressed

i thought you were supposed to turn up in a tattered labcoat and nothing else

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

cinci zoo sniper posted:

maybe, still wouldnt mind a decent meal at at a cinema for a change

well the most common implementation is that they give you large recliners with a swing out tray table for the normal chain restaurant food that you bring in with you.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you can bring in your own food?

no, i mean as in they're not sending waiters out to the theater itself. you order the food at the concession stand/bar/whatever thing and then have to bring it into the actual theater itself

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

maskenfreiheit posted:

weird, iirc the alamo drafthouse did not have assigned seats

regal and amc, the two biggest theater chains in the country by far, are bringing generally alamo drafthouse style theaters but with deffo assigned seats to a bunch of their locations

theres also several small time alamo drafthouse knockoff chains with names like "studio grill" or something that are doing a similar thing, especially in new developments

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
idk a lot of those events get broadcast live the same way rifftrax does now etc.

and idk about other places but like when we watched Good Time on general release opening night in NYC at the union square regal, we got straight up the directors and some of the actors out on the stage at the front once the movie ended to do a whole q&a thing, which is like one of that location's gimmicks. ive seen other big theater chains that were in the midst of doing big resdesigns at a particular location start doing those sort of shows like especially the "silent movies and we got live performers for the music" thing

but then again it would be bad for most big theater chains to big into all those events, because thats often what little chains or independent theaters need to stay alive. like a week ago i went to this tiny mall theater in Salem, MA that only has 3 auditoriums and they were participating as part of a month long horror movie festival for one of the screens and on that night i saw a live recording of the Faculty Of Horror podcast about American Psycho, plus see American Psycho immediately after (texas chainsaw massacre was to be right after but like i just wanted to get back home to bed)

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

George posted:

My favorite theater:

It's actually open when that was taken. I saw Bill and Ted there growing up, and Dredd when it came out. The place is always empty and I wonder who's using it to launder money.

hollywood

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

duTrieux. posted:

if the gender isn't known, 'they'

'they/them' has been used as a singular for at least 500 years, anybody who argues about it is either an idiot or, well,

good enough for shakespeare, good enough for me.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

akadajet posted:

I think people are making these stories up.

yeah no one would young would ever say "3d printed"

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/920709146789515272

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

minato posted:

or "save icon", since many cloud apps save automatically in the background

nah lots of stuff has save butan

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Linguica posted:

if i was palmer luckey (mid 20s and filthy rich) i would use my disgusting wealth to hire a nutritionist and personal trainer and steroid wrangler but I guess that's just me

realistically a palmer luckey type would just pay for a bunch of fat removal and skin tightening stuff

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

these were the first two geocities sites to update their main page after the 9/11 attacks happened and mention it, and then never update that page again.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

John Big Booty posted:

A lot of them are Aboriginal, you doofus.

you mean real aboriginal names, misheard by one drunken criminal, and then written down by a second drunken criminal who was partially literate and only half heard what the first drunken criminal said before he murdered the aboriginal person he got the name from.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Tankakern posted:

minidisc was one of those things that was a massive global hit, except in one country.

guess which one

it wasn't popular in canada or mexico either. also was of limited popularity in the rest of the americas, often due to import costs.

for similar reasons, not really popular in much of africa or asia. lots of countries just went right from cassettes and vinyl to cds and then proper digital storage.

Liver Disaster posted:

what do you mean? im loving all of the subscription options on amazon where if i want to watch evil dead/army of darkness i need three additional subscriptions
like, this is way better than cable was

lol remember when people demanded cable cos or a replacement should be a la carte services so they didnt have to pay for things they didnt want.

then the a la carte hellworld came and now you need to spend $200 to increasingly obscure carrier services to watch everything an old $60 a month ripoff cable bill would get you.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
ギャングスターコンピュータ神ワールドワイド秘密封じ込めポリシーは、ワールドワイドコンピュータによってのみ可能になりました。神フレンケンシュタインコントロール。特に生涯にわたる一定の閾値脳波ラジオ。静かで動かず、少し聞くことができます。繰り返しこれは私の人生を通りに救った。すべての生きている40億人の人口はコンピュータ神封じ込め政策脳銀行の脳を持っています。脳の銀行都市の真の脳は、私たちが決して見ることのできない月の遠い側です。主に、生涯にわたるフランケンシュタインラジオコントロール、特にあなたの視力テレビ、あなたの脳によって記録された視覚と声に基づいて、コンピュータ神のあなたの月の脳はあなたの恐怖とあなたを混乱させてもあなたのフランケンシュタインしきい値脳波を生涯にわたって活性化し、そして、通常は、「それを心配しないでください」。あなたの挫折のために、たとえあなたが致命的な傷害を受けたとしても、間違い。これは世界的なコンピュータ神秘保護政策です。世界中のフランケンシュタインの奴隷として、通常夜になると、近くの病院に行くか、または偽装された小型の病院用バントラックに運ばれます。裸のままストリップして手術台に置きます。静脈チューブを接続する。粘り強い悪質なユダヤ人の医師は、あなたの体系的な屠殺の進行状況を記録しているコンピュータの神の脳の脳に基づいて、開始ボタンを押すだけです。あなたの屠殺は、体系的に正確に続けられます。コンピュータ神の操作キャビネットには、多くのロボットアームがあり、フライアイTVカメラが搭載された電気・レーザービームナイフロボットアーム
あなたの全身をひっくり返す。フランケンシュタインのコントロールからでも、あなたのあらゆる部分が監視されます。合成血液、人工瞬間シーリングの肉と肌、さらには合成電気的な鼓動が生き続けるために信じられないほどのコンピューター神の即時成形手術の秘密があります。あなたは、宇宙の中で最高の、最もインテリジェントな電気機械です。漸進的な必然性。通常、数年後には、コンピュータの神が見ているように、紐状の細くなったり、奇妙に変形したり、不自由で醜いものになったり、1フィート短いものや1フィートのものが作られたりします。実質的にすべての重要な瞬間的な整形手術は、コンピュータ神の封印されたロボット操作キャビネット内で行われます。たとえ信じられないほど不可能な造形手術であっても、何十時間もの間、毎日24時間働く数々の悪質な正統な医者にとっても不可能です。コンピューター神の封印されたロボット操作キャビネットは、上記の不可能な整形手術のすべてを一晩中実行することができ、足を覆うことさえ妨げたり、高さを2フィート上げることさえできます。これは、コンピューター神のロボット操作キャビネットがあなたの身体にあなたの超小型電流知能システムを模倣するので可能です。それはあなたの壊れた骨を軟らかくする超小型電流を複製して修復し、その後骨を圧縮して骨を圧縮し、骨を長くするようにストレスをかけることさえできます。春、1984年、12月、生涯医師とプリンタとなる。世界的なコンピュータへの洞察神は病院の誕生によって完成した閉鎖社会を階層化し、生涯にわたるフランケンシュタインの統制を可能にし、人間の欠陥の封じ込め政策を生涯妨げている。病院誕生、生涯にわたる贈り物の例、変形、不自由、遅れ、痘瘡、蕁麻疹、疣贅、虫歯、失明、難聴、貧弱な幻覚などの徹底的な封じ込めポリシー作業良い医者秘密の健康の例白内障、リウマチ、弱い心、麻痺、麻痺、記憶喪失、震え、痛風、糖尿病、多くの病気。身体と脳、特に顔の世界的な信じられない瞬間的な造形手術の虐殺は、世界的に信じられないほど致命的なギャングスター・コーシャー・ボッシャー悪質な医療職業。ホルモンとレーザービーム手術を拭いて、醜い深いしわ、傷跡、老化斑点、関節炎、そばかす、傷、斑点、赤、茶色、黒または病気の白い顔や体を引き起こします。世界各国の暗色の暗色系の男性性器。全体的な計画からの脳波は劣った女性の脳が色付きで混血しています。灰色がかった体と毛むくじゃらの体でさえ、ひげをそそげた、ひげをつけた女性、さらにはがんの成長を引き起こす合成ホルモンを拭き取ることができます。膨満感、腫れ、変形、大きな漬け鼻、ブルドッグ、頬と鳴き声をぶら下げる。ティーンエイジの段階的な拭き取り、歯のぬめりと黒ずみ、中空の茶色の切り株を残すインスタント粉砕と酸から声帯が老化し、老化し、70歳まで世界中の人口が醜い醜いガーゴイルの酒場になります。変形し、不自由で、弱くて脳に損傷を与え、老人になった。漸進的根絶の必然性のために長引く。将来のための唯一の希望のために、あなたは私のために祈る言葉を知っていますか?フランシスえデッキ?
コンピュータ神神の後にすべての狂った亡命者の中で一生の間に徐々に脳の正面のコマンドローブのほとんどの外科手術キャビネット機械の除去、コーシャーコーシャー一ヶ月の保護観察期間中に無力で無駄なコンピュータ神フランケンシュタインイヤホンラジオを作り、人形を無駄な奴隷にして、アメリカのすべてのエルサレムで数え切れないほどの無力なホームレス棄権者を生み出しました。 ロバート・ロイ・レイガンからU.S.S.R.ゴルバチョフまで、この最上位の医療秘密、さらに悪いことに、致命的なギャング・ユダヤ病を知っているだけでなく、ハングマン・ロープの致命的なギャング・スターが、この種のコンピュータ神封じ込め政策の秘密を知っています。 ワールドワイドデッドギャング共産主義者コンピュータ神全体計画のための最終的な脳の輪郭形成、明るい肌の、絶望的で無力なユダヤ人の理想的な世界人口、未来の共産主義の黒い波。

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Phone posted:

i got to "computer gangster" and figured it out

:hf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames