Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
So I just started getting Egg Benedicts for breakfast and I swear I can never finish them!! It's so much food but I love it!!

:sicknasty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Speaking of omelettes. An omelette is not flat scrambled eggs folded in half like a floppy taco with some poo poo in the middle.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Hashbrowns. God I love hashbrowns. Hashbrowns with some hot sauce on 'em, along with runny eggs and some hot sausage. Big glass of fresh orange juice too.
I want to feel the sodium flowing in my veins for at least a week afterward.

I will also accept biscuits and gravy.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Waltzing Along posted:

Speaking of omelettes. An omelette is not flat scrambled eggs folded in half like a floppy taco with some poo poo in the middle.

We went to some place called the Silver Diner which had pretty expensive omelettes. I got it thinking it would be good, but it looked like it was just some fake egg that had all the contents mixed into the egg. It was gross.

found it on google

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Biscuits and sausage gravy is probably the pinnacle of breakfast foods imho, its only flaw is that it doesn't include eggs, so it's nice to maybe throw an over easy egg next to them. If you don't put a ton of sausage in that gravy, get hosed.

Extremely spicy noodle soup (pho, ramen, whatever) is also a very good breakfast item.

Lox bagel is also god tier breakfast.

I'll put hard fried eggs on a sandwich sometimes, but honestly runny yolk is where it's at.

Burt Sexual posted:

4 cigarettes + coffee

This was my breakfast for about a year of my getting my undergraduate degree. Parking at my university sucked so I'd have to sit and wait in a parking lot while smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. I miss those days.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
wats differnece between over easy and sunny up cuz i like my pan fried eggs to have a warm/hot yolk thats also runny for hashbrowns

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

wats differnece between over easy and sunny up cuz i like my pan fried eggs to have a warm/hot yolk thats also runny for hashbrowns

over easy is fried on both sides so the yolk is cooked under the white, sunny side up is fried on one side and the yolk is visible

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I don't eat breakfast 😄

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Milo and POTUS posted:

Over easy eggs are flipped "over" and look like this:

Sunny side up aren't flipped and look like this:

they're both sorta tricky and I'm not very good at either, but they are both my favorite style of egg

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Milo and POTUS posted:

Sunny side up means the eggs are fried and never turned. Over easy means they are then flipped over and fried just long enough to cook the runny part on top but not long enough to harden the yolk Fried means they are cooked on both sides and the yolk is hardened.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Milo and POTUS posted:

With over easy you flip them, sunny side up you don't afaik.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
huh i never differentiate if i feel i gotta flip them to get them the way i like i do and if not i dont. but that yolks gonna be runny mister

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The absolute worst way to start a morning is to go for over easy but leave it like 15 seconds too long and it turns out over hard. Or even worse if it breaks the yolk when you flip it. Might as well go back to sleep and try again tomorrow.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I love breakfast food but I'm almost never hungry before 10:30.

but going to a diner on saturday at noon, thats such my jam

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Seaniqua posted:

Biscuits and sausage gravy is probably the pinnacle of breakfast foods imho, its only flaw is that it doesn't include eggs, so it's nice to maybe throw an over easy egg next to them. If you don't put a ton of sausage in that gravy, get hosed.

A lot of breakfast places gently caress this up, and you end up with sausage gravy seriously lacking in chunks of sausage. Its a god drat disgrace.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

fishing with the fam posted:

A lot of breakfast places gently caress this up, and you end up with sausage gravy seriously lacking in chunks of sausage. Its a god drat disgrace.

Probably because theyre making it from powder like a degenerate and have a cheapskate owner.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

best nights are "breakfast" nights - egg-in-a-hole w/ grits and bacon

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Local greasy spoon has the best breakfasts.

#4 - two eggs of your liking over a bed of corned beef hash, covered in hollandaise. Your choice of toast (I recommend the swedish rye)

Southern omelette - omelette filled with onion, hash brown, sausage, cheese. Topped with sausage gravy.

You can feel your arteries harden in real time and it owns.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

This thread has sealed my fate. I'm making loving biscuits and gravy for supper tonight.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Seaniqua posted:

Over easy eggs are flipped "over" and look like this:

Those eggs were never flipped.
They were covered with the pan lid and a splash of water so steam would cook the tops.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Once in a while: Steak and eggs and toast at Waffle House with steak rare, eggs over easy and hash browns with jalapeno onions and mushrooms. Coffee and water and orange juice.

Most days: bagel with cream cheese and prosciutto or smoked salmon.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

King of Bees posted:

Once in a while: Steak and eggs and toast at Waffle House with steak rare, eggs over easy and hash browns with jalapeno onions and mushrooms. Coffee and water and orange juice.

Most days: bagel with cream cheese and prosciutto or smoked salmon.

:wow:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Probably because theyre making it from powder like a degenerate and have a cheapskate owner.

Powder? How the gently caress?

It's literally just milk, flour, and sausage.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Smoked salmon eggs benedict is the absolute best.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Powder? How the gently caress?

It's literally just milk, flour, and sausage.

In my experience if it's a cheap place it's pretty much something like this https://www.mccormick.com/spices-and-flavors/recipe-mixes/gravies-and-sauces/sausage-country-gravy-mix without sausage, only sausage flavor.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Keep fish eggs off my breakfast!

Eggs from proper American god-fearing chickens only.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

yeah I eat rear end posted:

In my experience if it's a cheap place it's pretty much something like this https://www.mccormick.com/spices-and-flavors/recipe-mixes/gravies-and-sauces/sausage-country-gravy-mix without sausage, only sausage flavor.

Gross.

Congrats on saving $ 0.25 per plate while making a name for yourself as a low-density sausage gravy bitch.

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

bitterandtwisted posted:

Kippers are great

Kippers are good.

Kedgeree is the breakfast of kings.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

General China posted:

Kedgeree is the breakfast of kings.

Isn't that like haddock fried rice? You guys aren't selling me on the fish-for-breakfast thing.

Like the lox bagel I could at least entertain because the salmon is such a unique flavor.

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Isn't that like haddock fried rice? You guys aren't selling me on the fish-for-breakfast thing.

Like the lox bagel I could at least entertain because the salmon is such a unique flavor.

Haddock fried rice is a good description.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i had a cupcake for breakfast

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Breakfast is by far my favorite meal but I almost never eat it. Only if I go out or something.

This place by me has an Alaskan smoked salmon benedict that's awesome. It has dill and capers on top of the hollandaise. Also they use their homemade bread instead of english muffins.

I'd make eggs at home but I like them over-easy and I'm too afraid to break the yolk. I might have to try the sunny-side up with covering it sometime. Or the egg-in-the-hole since that seems like it'd be easier to flip the whole thing. I actually have a dozen eggs in my fridge right now. I should use them.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
What do you call this dish?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Pththya-lyi posted:

What do you call this dish?

trailer park toast

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Breakfast is by far my favorite meal but I almost never eat it. Only if I go out or something.

This place by me has an Alaskan smoked salmon benedict that's awesome. It has dill and capers on top of the hollandaise. Also they use their homemade bread instead of english muffins.

I'd make eggs at home but I like them over-easy and I'm too afraid to break the yolk. I might have to try the sunny-side up with covering it sometime. Or the egg-in-the-hole since that seems like it'd be easier to flip the whole thing. I actually have a dozen eggs in my fridge right now. I should use them.

Capers and dill are an excellent pairing on that.

Please do the covering thing, you see how perfectly round the eggs are in the pic I quoted? it's because that's the exact pan size, it's the small little frying pan your set comes with, but it needs to be at least somewhat decent. You'll have a lid for a sauce pan that perfectly matches it, or is drat near close.
Get butter underway in it to a light froth and crack your eggs into it and keep it low (somewhere between a 5.5 and a 7) on an electric, be a little patient. When you see the edges lift and you swirl the butter around them just kinda shimmy the pan by jerking the hand with the wrist. The eggs should slide without breaking, they'll just kinda slip around for SHORT distances in the pan. If they're stuck you did it wrong. If they're swimming in fat or some other liquid, something else has gone wrong.

K. All set. Put like..I dunno, a shotglass of water in the lid and dump it in along the edge of the pan as you turn the lid over onto it, turn up the heat to about 9 and count out 15 seconds and then turn it back down. Count out another few seconds, whatever, then take the lid off, and if there's any water let it steam back off, and..poof, eggs like the picture in approximately 2.5 minutes of them hitting the pan every time.
Yolk will be a lil runny. Don't be a bitch so long as the whites set.

Then again, I'm the guy who will do the whole "use one half of an egg to separate the raw yolk" technique to make caeser dressing to toss with salad and have been doing so for eh...13 years now without getting sick. So...maybe I'm not your egg man.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

IM BACON AND EGGS RICK!!!!!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm gonna go on a limb here with a crazy opinion.... breakfast is good. Please don't slay me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wow thanks. I'll have to try that. I have that cute little pan too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

• Locked thread