Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Current form:
Team is doing great!

... Should we sack the manager?

Man, what a incredibly toxic, short-term, kneejerk view of developing a club.

The team wasn't doing well at the time hth

Diva Cupcake posted:

He seems dead set on acquiring VVD in the January window so let's see if he can pull that off. If VVD remains unavailable, can he adjust and find more help.

Klopp owns.

I don't think that VVD is the solution to our problems, but it would be a start. Not buying anyone in the summer was a poor decision imo.

Brony Car posted:

I can't believe I'm doing this, but EvilHawk has been watching Liverpool suffer from very similar problems under multiple managers so I can see why his patience is running thin.

I think he expects a bit more transfer action than is realistic given how FSG want to spend and who they have in charge of finding new people, but it's not like he's Roman Abramovich.

Exactly this. The money was available to Klopp and he chose not to spend it. Any failures as a result are on him.

But, again, the team is playing well right now, and are on their way to reaching the goals I had at the start of the season, so that's cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Brony Car posted:

I can't believe I'm doing this, but EvilHawk has been watching Liverpool suffer from very similar problems under multiple managers so I can see why his patience is running thin.

I think he expects a bit more transfer action than is realistic given how FSG want to spend and who they have in charge of finding new people, but it's not like he's Roman Abramovich.

Gosh I just think Liverpool should spend another 150m on transfers because that’s not enough

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

The team wasn't doing well at the time hth

I don't think that VVD is the solution to our problems, but it would be a start. Not buying anyone in the summer was a poor decision imo.

Exactly this. The money was available to Klopp and he chose not to spend it. Any failures as a result are on him.

But, again, the team is playing well right now, and are on their way to reaching the goals I had at the start of the season, so that's cool and good.

He chose not to spend
39m Salah
40m Ox
60m Keita

You’re loving deluded

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
its incredible that someone could have so little understanding of football that they think defensive errors are somehow unrelated to being dangerous in attack

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
why didn't klopp overpay for a center back on a panic-buy? the world wonders

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

bewbies posted:

Alternatively, why didn't he have more than one possible target lined up?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
When is the draw?

If Liverpool draw Juventus, I'm going to cry.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

He chose not to spend
39m Salah
40m Ox
60m Keita

You’re loving deluded

You're loving retarded. He chose not to spend any of it on a loving centre back. We went into this season with a first choice who can't stay fit for two weeks, a second choice who is a liability, Ragnar loving Klavan, and Joe Gomez.

bewbies posted:

He didn't need to overpay. All he needed was a better second/third choice. Basically everyone else around us managed to buy a centre back, but there was nobody better than Lovren or Klavan, apparently.

RideTheSpiral posted:

its incredible that someone could have so little understanding of football that they think defensive errors are somehow unrelated to being dangerous in attack

There are repeated defensive errors, primarily at set pieces, that are caused by the system Klopp has decided to use. That has nothing to do with the attack.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
My understanding of coaching and skill is also rooted in a dollar value. Clearly Klopp isn't spending enough. Anything short of winning everything means Klopp is poo poo and should be run out of town.

Am I doing it right?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Cannon_Fodder posted:

My understanding of coaching and skill is also rooted in a dollar value. Clearly Klopp isn't spending enough. Anything short of winning everything means Klopp is poo poo and should be run out of town.

Am I doing it right?

That's not what I've said at all.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

EvilHawk posted:

That's not what I've said at all.

Replace Klopp with Bruce Arena.

Am I closer?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Yo take this to the loving Prem thread!!!!!

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Ronaldo just won his 5th ballon d'or. Amazing. Glad to be alive to witness the era of Ronaldo, TRP's favorite player ever. He's now won as many as Messi, the "alien from outer space" and "best player of all time" who "does things with a ball we've never seen before" (puking, growth hormones, epo, blood transfusions, losing finals, passing on his lovely genes to his children thus fating them to a life of wedgies and getting their heads dunked in dirty toilets). drat. Good job all Ronaldo fans, we did it.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Good job big Ron, my favorite (only) football player I've ever met IRL.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Ronaldo just won his 5th ballon d'or. Amazing. Glad to be alive to witness the era of Ronaldo, TRP's favorite player ever. He's now won as many as Messi, the "alien from outer space" and "best player of all time" who "does things with a ball we've never seen before" (puking, growth hormones, epo, blood transfusions, losing finals, passing on his lovely genes to his children thus fating them to a life of wedgies and getting their heads dunked in dirty toilets). drat. Good job all Ronaldo fans, we did it.

We did, didn't we? :unsmith:

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Mean Bean Machine posted:

It's just a shame that all the cules died fighting for Catalonian independence because that is where they live

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

fat gay nonce posted:

It's just a shame that all the cules died fighting for Catalonian independence because that is where they live

lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

fat gay nonce posted:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I sure do like Ronald's golden balls a lot

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
the round of 16 draws are happening Monday btw

Juve will get one of Man City/PSG/Man U/Liverpool/Spurs/Besiktas

not good, although any of the English teams or PSG would be an interesting/fun match up I think

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
ill take loving basel yes please

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
madrid psg will loving do too

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
chelsea barca hahaha

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
lol gently caress off Chelsea

Sevilla should be an interesting one

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Glad we avoided City or Barca.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Bayern playing two away legs, gonna be tough

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Who are Porto?

edit: googled it

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lol psg

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Some tasty matches in that 16

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Madrid/PSG is amazing. lol Chelsea.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

mackintosh posted:

Bayern playing two away legs, gonna be tough

I lolled

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
lol https://twitter.com/FCBayern/status/940180913480138752

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol the loser is getting sacked after the madrid/psg tie

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Man-U will pick Sevilla apart easily and it will be annoying.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
ofc we'd get juve

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Gotta face your demons eventually, the Chelsea 2017-2018 Champions League Story.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
PSG-Real is gonna be the sort of game which looks amazing on paper but in practice nothing happens because neither team wants to get countered into oblivion.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Julio Cruz posted:

PSG-Real is gonna be the sort of game which looks amazing on paper but in practice nothing happens because neither team wants to get countered into oblivion.

who cares one of them gets kicked out and it’s hilarious

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

RideTheSpiral posted:

who cares one of them gets kicked out and it’s hilarious

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It'll be Emerys last game as manager of PSG at the Bernabeu lmao.

• Locked thread