Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Corla Plankun posted:

is it possible to do electron well? like, is the system inherently flawed, or is it just that a bunch of lovely js developers are writing lovely js apps and so electron seems bad?

i don't remember if it's actual electron but vs code is the only good thing i can think of and it still manages to be a pig compared to anything native.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

akadajet posted:

i mean, there are good gui clients out there for git that aren't github specific.

but what about their brand??

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

why

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Shaggar posted:

I'm not a poor person so idk why i'd use gnu coreutils and powershell is for system administration, not development.

ps does alright for build scripts. i guess the ps team took over development of psake which i really like for that sort of thing.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

Eviscerates
Laptop
Energy
Cells
Through
Running
On
Node

• Locked thread