Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

i want to do all my group collaboration through a glorified irc/wiki, but i want to do it at 5 fps with 800ms of latency on a $20k workstation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

im sure vs code is great for some workflows, but it chugs on my projects

sublimetext is a good editor and shareware is a fine model for tools, happy to pay for my license

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

qirex posted:

what lovely framework does slack use that allows it to pin the processor in a three thousand dollar computer with a chat client

electron!

Breakfast All Day posted:

i want to do all my group collaboration through a glorified irc/wiki, but i want to do it at 5 fps with 800ms of latency on a $20k workstation

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

non-cs peeps in my office asking why their GitHub app is suddenly slow after update today so i come look at it and lol

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

akadajet posted:

what is the point of the github app?

normal people who work with code or other version controlled data can have a friendly gui without opening the scary text thing

some students/interns try to get away with it sometimes too but i will hunt them down and force them to walk uphill both ways in the terminal just like i had to

• Locked thread