Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
git is poo poo and its terrible cli is because its a lovely version system. also if you're using a command line during development you've hosed up hardcore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
what would you ever need a command line for?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
what commands would I ever run though? ping? traceroute? not very useful for development

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
between vss and git its a toss up

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

JewKiller 3000 posted:

yeah that's where i gave up. i thought about linking to the gnu coreutils manual or the powershell core module docs, but it's not like he wanted a serious answer to those questions

I'm not a poor person so idk why i'd use gnu coreutils and powershell is for system administration, not development.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jony neuemonic posted:

ps does alright for build scripts. i guess the ps team took over development of psake which i really like for that sort of thing.

msbuild is dogshit so I guess yeah you might have to use it for build scripts, but that's on the build server, not on your dev machine .

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its still msbuild doing the building, but powershell is used for pre/post build stuff. msbuild is really loving bad and I hate it every day.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
not in the sense that it was once good, but in the sense that it is bad for another, new reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Beamed posted:

how do you run your maven tests? just through the IDE?

or CI server

• Locked thread