Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You could put that on analog since you don't need to do it very often. Also I've started fighting the evolved Metroids and these fights are fully sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the vom is gone? the game is good? im counting on you In Trainining

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait until I finish my 100% normal run for the verdict I think. It's not great, but, it's more fun the more I play.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Did they include the original as an extra like they did for zero mission? Not that I really want to replay spider balling on every surface for an hour till you find the one metroid you missed, but still curious.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe as an unlock when you beat the game but not off the bat, no.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

You could put that on analog since you don't need to do it very often. Also I've started fighting the evolved Metroids and these fights are fully sick.

Learning how to get the Gamma to do a counter move was extremely dope.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Learning how to get the Gamma to do a counter move was extremely dope.

congratulations on your Cake, In Training

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i like the game but zero mission feels better

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mabels big day posted:

i like the game but zero mission feels better

well yeah zero mission is one of the best games ever made

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bolverkur posted:

ive sent out assassin drones to kill anyone who badmouths Metroid in this thread. say your final prayers

hell with classsics like fusion, other m, and metroid ball who could say anything bad about it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

well yeah zero mission is one of the best games ever made

Which is why Nintendo should have made this and not MercurySteam!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

hell with classsics like fusion, other m, and metroid ball who could say anything bad about it

Fusion is good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Fusion is good

this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So is Metroid prime pinball

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Don't forget Federation Force

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

other m was really pretty which is more than i can say about samus returns

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Metroid Ate My Balls

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fusion is trash you loving idiots

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

a bunch of linear corridors where you can't get lost and theres video codecs tellling you precisely where to go every five minutes from your space commander. classic metroid!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a bunch of linear corridors where you can't get lost and theres video codecs tellling you precisely where to go every five minutes from your space commander. classic metroid!

its linear but the level design is fun. i probably wouldve been pissed if i paid full price for it though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh hells yes its my boy eric with another mid stage text dump after the mini boss to explain some fusion suit lore, be sure to back track to the one spot in the last stage where you obviously needed a double jump to advance samus, i've marked it on your map. classic troid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is better than fusion at least. There's two screens at the beginning that say Hunt the Metroids and it's been silent since

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Evil Eagle posted:

You'd have to give me infinite blow jobs before I could enjoy Samus Returns.
Your a bitch. Play the game idiot.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The day I spend $40 on a MercurySteam game is the day I die

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

this game is ugly yo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

man nurse posted:

this game is ugly yo

all of samus animations make me wanna barf

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

it took me embarrassingly long to find the varia suit, i'm a noob

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

IDK why I thought this would be like 15-20 bucks but I did, and that's my fault. ppl seem to be liking it tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The animations are fine but the enemies are kinda lame looking. Outside of the Metroids that is

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

yo my dudez ur all making me question getting this

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Game looks good I can't wait to play it. I hear counter makes the combat more interesting

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

fusion is trash you loving idiots

see a doctor about the brain tumour growing out of your head or i can perform a surgical operation with a sniper rifle drone hiding in a 40 mile radius at any given time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

see a doctor about the brain tumour growing out of your head or i can perform a surgical operation with a sniper rifle drone hiding in a 40 mile radius at any given time

chill out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

even if theres virtually no exploration element in fusion the platforming, levels and combat were all great. obviously the cutscenes sucked though and at the end of the game you are locked out of everything that doesnt lead to the sa-x without warning which is bullshit lol

guacamelee is a bit like fusion, its linear but theres an emphasis on level design and mounting more and more layers of complexity to the platforming+fighting as you get more powers and its a fun rear end game.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

yeah metroid fusion is good. great memories with that game. it had a really good atmosphere, too, which is key to any metroid game.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Yeah fusion is fantastic. The best part of metroid games is how linear they can get and of course the story and all the talking

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah. I love Lore lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Samus before calling MercurySteam to ask them to make her new game: Any objections, Iwata?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Metroid: Samus Returns (this game to the store)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Bolverkur posted:

drat lmao

• Locked thread