Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

man nurse posted:

Metroid: Samus Returns (this game to the store)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Yeah. I love Lore lol

getting 100% scans in metroid prime and reading everything carefully

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

getting 100% scans in metroid prime and reading everything carefully

I actualy did this and it was also my first metroid game.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

my first metroid game was metroid

I consumed the lore i.e. read the first three pages of the manual

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

same

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Samus is real ive seen her spaceship

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

eric telling me samus, the world famous bounty hunter commanded by eric the friend of the family, to shoot the space porcpine until its dead, and then walking thru a million space hallways that are straight lines until theres one space hallway with another door i can't reach until eric tells me i have the double jump? only in metroid fusion baby. the ultimate in level design, shooting, and exploration.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

who the gently caress is eric?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
This game.... is actually good 0-0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah its pretty good. Found another lame mechanic though, you can't IBJ in water. There's diminishing returns on the bounce height and then if you get too high its just prevents you from dropping any more bombs :/

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I could never infinite bomb jump without a turbo controller :-(

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Yeah its pretty good. Found another lame mechanic though, you can't IBJ in water. There's diminishing returns on the bounce height and then if you get too high its just prevents you from dropping any more bombs :/

That's always been a thing even in super metroid/zero mission. Usually you can do it once you have the grav suit tho.

edit: in Zero mission you couldn't even bomb jump in water at all till you had the grav suit which is why they had to make little ledges you could jump to in some of the earlier water sections. It was way lame.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 16, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

That's always been a thing even in super metroid/zero mission. Usually you can do it once you have the grav suit tho.

edit: in Zero mission you couldn't even bomb jump in water at all till you had the grav suit which is why they had to make little ledges you could jump to in some of the earlier water sections. It was way lame.

oh youre right. i thought you could do it in super but the timing was really tricky. Im almost done with Area 3 and this game gets an official Big Thumbs Up

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Don't you mean thumbs down

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Don't you mean thumbs down

No. R->C->P

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

imps being Games as gently caress in this ITT

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Metroid: Other M, Samus states that her use of the thumbs-down—the opposite of the usually-accepted thumbs-up—was a twofold response: that she completely understood the mission orders ("no objections"), but would not be derided by being called a lady.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Also Games loves this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

In Metroid: Other M, Samus states that her use of the thumbs-down—the opposite of the usually-accepted thumbs-up—was a twofold response: that she completely understood the mission orders ("no objections"), but would not be derided by being called a lady.

I tried to block out other m form my memory but thank you for the clarification

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm on area 5 and around 10 Metroids left and only at 30% item collection :stare:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

I'm on area 5 and around 10 Metroids left and only at 30% item collection :stare:

I went from 50% to 92% in about an hour once i did a sweep with all the powerups available at the start of area 7. Felt pretty awesome.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I tried to block out other m form my memory but thank you for the clarification

Never forget.

I still can't get over the wall jump in this game being the fusion one when the spiderball is like the 2nd powerup that you get. I don't understand it at all. That turns me off more than anything else really.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Never forget.

I still can't get over the wall jump in this game being the fusion one when the spiderball is like the 2nd powerup that you get. I don't understand it at all. That turns me off more than anything else really.

You got the spider ball way too early in the original too. Who knows, man.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

spider ball
spider ball
does whatever spider ball does
can he jump up the walls?
no he cant
hes a ball
look out he is the spider ball lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Running around with every upgrade in the game blasting Metroids and hunting upgrades...this is the good poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some of the backgrounds in this game are really beautiful and show up for like one room. The 3d in particular looks amazing, it's the first game where I actually leave it on all the time

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Some of the backgrounds in this game are really beautiful and show up for like one room. The 3d in particular looks amazing, it's the first game where I actually leave it on all the time

There's one room where I was like wait why is the mountain in the background moving and then it peaked out enough that I could see a giant one eyed monster and that mountain was its shell.

wanna fight that thing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

There's one room where I was like wait why is the mountain in the background moving and then it peaked out enough that I could see a giant one eyed monster and that mountain was its shell.

wanna fight that thing.

Yeah!! Stuff crumbles in the background a lot on revisiting and such, it's cool. I also like that this game incorporates the one good idea fusion had by having its own version of "running from SA-X"

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

You got the spider ball way too early in the original too. Who knows, man.

Well yeah but you can't even wall jump in that one

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

this was the one good thing about their Castlevania 3DS game, it had great environments with deep 3D

I really want a 60FPS New 3DS patch

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Evil Eagle posted:

Also Games loves this game

Sometimes Games is right

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Indeed. They love Splatoon 2, for example. The greatest game of 2017

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Disliking a game because Games likes it is a very Games-like thing to do

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The fight against that giant robot that's been wandering around the planet the whole game is awesome as hell.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno how the map is compared to original 2 but you got the spider ball really early in that game too and it served as the "wall jump" in that game. A spider ball that can go on anything almost beats wal jumping

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

one of the nice things they changed is that in a lot of the pre-space jump areas that have big caverns they put a little spike or some impassible object on a wal so you dont try to just slowly roll around the entire room because it turns out theres no thing ever up there anyway. so it saves you time and effort

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

one of the nice things they changed is that in a lot of the pre-space jump areas that have big caverns they put a little spike or some impassible object on a wal so you dont try to just slowly roll around the entire room because it turns out theres no thing ever up there anyway. so it saves you time and effort

Lol I learned this lesson from AM2R so I didn't even bother trying it in this one

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
how come no foldable 2ds, nintendo? :confused:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Yobgoblin posted:

how come no foldable 2ds, nintendo? :confused:
:confused:

Adbot