Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

life uh finds a way~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Mariana Horchata posted:

life uh finds a way~

Thanks, now I'm picturing tiny deer hunting Sam Neil

Also Maria wants to ravage Caribbean islands not the states, I think we may have to get Bitcoin of Weed and his acid tabs to Cuba

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
It's up to 175MPH, bad news for PR

Good news for JEB!

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

lol here we go again

got a friend in trujillo alto, just outside san juan. he's not getting lucky this time around.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

VectorSigma posted:

lol here we go again

got a friend in trujillo alto, just outside san juan. he's not getting lucky this time around.

pleb radar link: https://www.wunderground.com/weather-radar/united-states/pr/san-juan/jua/?MR=1
(and IR): http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/exper/?parms=meso2-13-48-1-50

Jesus that eye is wicked looking.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
This image posted on americanwx.com shows how badly the east antilles have been hosed by this season

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/910324986086252544

lmbo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Trump's gonna hold relief aid hostage unless Puerto Rico gives up everything to its creditors.

Just think about it. The first fully privatized country, and all the protections of being a US Territory.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Well maybe this will be a good excuse to forgive the survivors of their debt.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
"Efforts to modernize Prepa’s plants, which burn imported oil to produce electricity, and diversify energy sources have mostly come to a halt. So has much routine maintenance like trimming trees near power lines."

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
megarip

[–]X31nar 4 points 7 minutes ago
Starting to get some mild gusts down here in southern PR. I live relativly close to some sort of open air steel pipe factory and it seems like the owners did a lovely job securing stuff. Im hearing loud steel like sounds coming from that area.
Also, power's already out... and this thing has not even started.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I got into a global warming debate on a more right-wing part of the Internet recently, and it ended up working out because I came across "The U.S. coast is in an unprecedented hurricane drought — why this is terrifying" from last year because of it

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Trump's gonna hold relief aid hostage unless Puerto Rico gives up everything to its creditors.

Just think about it. The first fully privatized country, and all the protections of being a US Territory.

They already tried this in Iraq - it was to be the year zero of the perfect capitalist socitey

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Vox Nihili posted:

megarip

[–]X31nar 4 points 7 minutes ago
Starting to get some mild gusts down here in southern PR. I live relativly close to some sort of open air steel pipe factory and it seems like the owners did a lovely job securing stuff. Im hearing loud steel like sounds coming from that area.
Also, power's already out... and this thing has not even started.

lmao a steel pipe factory in a hurricane, you couldn't write this poo poo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Final Destination is real

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

thats how you get megacorps

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i live right next to the shards of extremely sharp glass factory and there is a tornado barreling towards us!!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Karl Barks posted:

i live right next to the shards of extremely sharp glass factory and there is a tornado barreling towards us!!

ah yes, the Texan zoning plan

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i live right next to a werewolf factory and its a full moon tonight, help!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
can't embed I guess, just click

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 16:01 on Sep 20, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

2funknown.png

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
[quote="“Al!”" post="“476582204”"]
2funknown.png
[/quote]

this funking owns

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I checked my raindar app this morning cause I saw the hurricane approaching last night.

the radar is down. that's probably not good

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCNews/status/910497315898761217

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

jesus that's like the 2004 tsunami videos

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
How is this even possible???

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Vox Nihili posted:

hm yes i also understand what is going on this graph

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Karl Barks posted:

hm yes i also understand what is going on this graph

Graph shows that at one point on PR's largest river, swell reached 70 feet over banks and well over double the observed record.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Vox Nihili posted:

:stare:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

(technically rolling coal actually has lower CO2 emissions because the soot is incompletely burned carbon)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Flood stage is 11 feet. It spiked to 80 feet, currently 60 feet.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Oh man there's a town right next to the gauge. :(

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

big fan of the Record line at 29 feet, 1/4 of the way up the graph

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Vox Nihili posted:

Graph shows that at one point on PR's largest river, swell reached 70 feet over banks and well over double the observed record.

thank u

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
not specifically hurricane related but is there a better site to use for weather info now that wunderground has gone to ratshiet?? tyia cause ive just about had it with them after their redesign that nobody wanted...

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

(technically rolling coal actually has lower CO2 emissions because the soot is incompletely burned carbon)

Nice. Also even if every single person "rolled coal" 24hours/day it would be insignificant compared to normal emissions from a single coal power plant.

Because diesel fuel is actually very clean burning and the soot part you can see does trivial lasting atmospheric damage

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

not specifically hurricane related but is there a better site to use for weather info now that wunderground has gone to ratshiet?? tyia cause ive just about had it with them after their redesign that nobody wanted...

i just go straight 2 noaa.gov these days

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

More from Puerto Rico.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Vox Nihili posted:

Where are you seeing these 70 feet? The graph seems to stop at 36 feet? Did they change the image? Or am I just blind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Where are you seeing these 70 feet? The graph seems to stop at 36 feet? Did they change the image? Or am I just blind?

he linked a live image. they removed the data points up at 70’

• Locked thread