Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
When replaying this game, I don't think I ever use the syrups that recover FP because I've always got an FP increasing item handy for a full recovery plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Super Jump lets you keep jumping as long as you have perfect timing. Ultra Jump might do the same thing, but you jump on a random enemy each time. There might be a limit to Ultra Jump, or I've just always had terrible timing.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I'm rather sad you didn't show what happens if you sleep in the suite multiple times, particularly when you're out of coins.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

One other amusing thing you can do before leaving Marrymore is try to leave by the north road that leads onward to the next area of the game. If you keep trying enough, your entire party will eventually lose their patience with you.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I think I heard somewhere that Jonathan only challenges Mario to a one-on-one duel if you defeat both of his helpers - if you manage to keep them alive while defeating him, you'll have your full party for the whole fight. I don't think I've ever tried it myself, but it makes sense. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Also, from my experience, I'm pretty sure the Safety Badge protects against all status changes, not just poison and mute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I'm pretty sure Jinx is intended to be a test of how well you can time your guard. Most of his attacks have really weird block timing, but you can handle them once you know how to do it.