Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The real question is why you already got a second video in that playlist but haven't posted it here yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Ceraph posted:

Episode 12 - Yoshi Racing

Yo'ster Isle is completely optional, but you can get some good items out of it. The racing mini game you have to win to get said items can be very difficult, though. I don't know if Jackie and I are in the minority, but I can never seem to get the "rhythm" they're looking for. Luckily Boshi doesn't move at a terribly fast pace, but seeing Yoshi hop up and down while you're trying to find the beat can be really frustrating.

For our victory, we get some Yoshi Cookies! In addition to summoning Yoshi and having him eat an enemy in battle (doesn't work on bosses), you can use the cookies as a form of currency and bet on the races. If we can come back later, we can even trade a bunch of cookies for a Red Essence (prevents damage for 3 turns), which is pretty sweet.

Officially the WORST minigame. I don't know what the rhythm is supposed to be and I think nobody really does.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Let's be real here - the reason Geno and Mallow never turned up in any other Mario game, except in the most vague of references, is because Square Enix holds the intellectual property of anything original in this game. After Square Enix and Nintendo grew apart, it became kinda impossible for either party to do something with it on their own, except for perhaps re-releasing it without any changes.

Unless they can find a way to cooperate on this again, a remake is very unlikely.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I didn't really want to bring this up because it seems rude somehow but I suppose it's better to just say it.

I'm enjoying this LP but is there any chance you could do something with your microphone setup to make it more directional? Or something with post-editing the audio? Thing is, the recording picks up your child's voice so strongly that I can't focus on the LP at all anymore. It's really extremely distracting to me. It would be great if you could do anything about that.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Isn't Land's End a real place in England?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Someone translated a 1995 interview with a SMRPG dev to English recently. It's an interesting read
http://shmuplations.com/supermariorpg/

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Those huge doors in Belome's temple look like waffles.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

BTW, I just want to say that until a couple years ago you'd have been ridiculed on this forum for doing voices for the in-game characters. And honestly, when someone reads out all the in-game text in a monotonous voice it is terrible. But you guys are actually doing a good job at it, made me chuckle a couple times.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

So, is this LP still alive?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

That's fine man, take all the time you need. :)

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

... Wait, according to that guide page, the fan in Monstro Town affects the speed of the fans here? I never knew that.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Ceraph posted:

Episode 43 - Volcano Dragon

This works better in my native language than in English but it still kinda works in English:
You can't spell "Stalactite" without "tit" and tits hang, so stalactites hang from the ceiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Ceraph posted:

Can I just say how much I love the fact that they play the FF6 victory music when you win?

Isn't that Final Fantasy IV music?