Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

that's cool as gently caress. i didn't work nearly that hard and it shows, that vinyl stuff is awesome. good luck on your pizzaria room

i bought an xtension cabinet and mounted a TV in there but i didn't get around to setting up anything inside of it for around 3 years. after i couldn't get a snes classic i went ahead and made a retropie setup. works like a charm but compared to this its kinda lame!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

i just checked out that xtension cabinet. it looks pretty cool! i was just a stickler and absolutely needed a working coin mech and a low-res CRT. mortal kombat 3 still looks amazing on it to this day, but i don't like the way it looks on an LCD :(

maybe 4k LCDs with those shaders or something will some day change my mind. if I had the time, i would start a kickstarter for a 25" low-res LCD (preferably OLED). like a flat screen LCD but its native resolution was like 320x240 or whatever (slightly higher maybe for games like MK3 but you get the point). i would think though niche, it could do really well! but lol if you think i have that much dynamo

also if you are really bummed about not getting an SNES classic, i could possibly help you out. it looks like when the gamestop website was making GBS threads itself i might have preordered one of the bundles. you can have it at cost, but keep in mind i had to buy the stupid bundle with wireless controllers and a Ryu statue and other garbage. i dont really feel like dealing with ebay and i dislike scalpers

i totally get the CRT factor. the fighting game community still plays stuff like street fighter 2 super turbo and marvel vs capcom 2 on mounted arcade boards with crts they lug around. it looks so good that way and avoids the most lag. just for around the house though i don't mind playing in windowed on a LCD, so the retropie works out for my case

also, i appreciate the offer on the snes classic, but i'm sure there's another goon around here that wants it more than i do. to be honest i actually bought a couple of snes usb controllers this weekend so the thing is kinda redundant at this point.

• Locked thread