Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
what's the power draw on that big sumbitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

r u ready to WALK posted:

I miss the mid-2000s apple that made really nice expandable mac pro models and pretty nifty rackmount servers.

I wonder if we'll ever see that kind of apple again in the future :(

lol no

i seriously wouldn't be surprised if they straight-up stopped making iMacs entirely. "why do you need desktop? just use laptop. so simple"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
oh lol i didn't notice they announced iMac Pro

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i heard the place i work at now used to have a bigass RS/6000 system back in the 90s handling the ERP software. took up something like two or three full racks by itself

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
is that what Apple uses themselves or do they just have some internal OS X build that will run on Dell/HP/whatever rackmounts

• Locked thread