Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

I THINK HE WAS TRYING TO BREAK MY FINGERS BUT HE COULDNT.

I can't deal with this loving show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That line about the beaver was great. I also had a hard laugh when all you heard was the screams of the guy in the bathroom being assaulted.

and Fisher Stevens was a pleasant surprise.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 2, 2017

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Troy Queef posted:

"I don't like it when girls have landing strips. I've always liked it more when girls have full-blown beavers. Anybody who knows me knows that."

This is a great line merely on its own, but said with that kind of blubbery almost crying emotion by McBride just elevates it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Zaggitz posted:

I feel like this needs to be the new thread subtitle.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy crap the ending to that episode was REAL dark. I knew Nash was gonna beat the poo poo out of someone sooner or later, and Russell....poo poo.

Love this fuckin show

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I loved the fact that when Snodgrass came across the crime scene in the flashback they had a piss stain on the pavement. The attention to detail on this show.

Also, hahaha 'Just draw the motherfucker with the bolts in his neck'.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaggitz posted:

I was definitely expecting Russell to do something truly hosed up to the teacher in the wheelchair, especially since he said he couldn't get his revenge like he would on a normal person.

But him failing was even better.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I love how Russell beats on his mother-in-law.

*Smack to the forehead*

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Russell and his sisters. poo poo, his whole family dynamic :smith:

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Hmm, probably the weakest ep of the season so far. Both the Sweat Hogs and Russell's sisters were just a little bit too cartoonishly cruel in a way that was a little bit too over the top, even for this show. I'm OK with Gamby and others acting over-the-top because we've spent time with those characters and its been earned, but its a little jarring to suddenly introduce new characters like that and have them behave in such a cartoonishly cruel manner and do things no one could ever get away with.

And during the last few scenes you knew Russell was plotting something, but the reveal of what he did (just breaking a few toy planes) was a little too obvious and too mild to be worth the build up. I realize that the toy smashing was also supposed to represent the fact that his funeral speech was total BS and he actually still feels hatred for his father, but the long build up made me anticipate that maybe he played a long con and had done something far more substantial as a means to get revenge against his sisters.

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Oct 9, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn't think his funeral speech was TOTAL bs, more that his realisations didn't offset the years of resentment.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
That music over the credits was good as gently caress.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

It's not about being nice it's about being leadership.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Boywhiz88 posted:

That music over the credits was good as gently caress.

actually it was the synths when gambie was telling the sweat hogs to move on

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

bbf2 posted:

Hmm, probably the weakest ep of the season so far. Both the Sweat Hogs and Russell's sisters were just a little bit too cartoonishly cruel

Am I mistaken in believing that the explicit purpose of the Sweat Hogs was to act as an overbearingly antagonistic external Other? This seems like the intended outcome: building TEAMWORK and LEADERSHIP when the person who hired them (ideally Russel, but here Gamby) ousts them, becoming the Revered Hero.

The Sweat Hogs' lukewarm resistance and almost-instant capitulation once Gamby attempts to stand up to them led me to think that, anyway. Seems like a pretty typical Russel strategy, which is only sweeter because their methods happen to overlap and overshadow his own authoritarian methods. I kind of expected Russel to be exasperated with Gamby next episode for stealing his own play.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Knowing Russell, he did just hire the Sweat Dogs just to punish them. He's that petty and vindictive.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

It didn't really feel like a Vice Principals episode, honestly.

Considering how Lee's sisters treated him, and all of the things they had called 'dibs' on, like the China, were in the garage, I was surprised that Lee stopped at smashing up all of the model planes, rather than burning down the entire garage.

And it might just be me, but I feel like not having Dayshaun forced to do the SweatHogs team building as well was a missed opportunity this episode. Has his actor been in much else, because even though he doesn't show up much, he makes me laugh whenever he does.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

LadyPictureShow posted:

And it might just be me, but I feel like not having Dayshaun forced to do the SweatHogs team building as well was a missed opportunity this episode. Has his actor been in much else, because even though he doesn't show up much, he makes me laugh whenever he does.

He had a small role in Snowfall. His character was uh.... not as funny in that.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

He has a small role in Great News

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Tellah posted:

Am I mistaken in believing that the explicit purpose of the Sweat Hogs was to act as an overbearingly antagonistic external Other? This seems like the intended outcome: building TEAMWORK and LEADERSHIP when the person who hired them (ideally Russel, but here Gamby) ousts them, becoming the Revered Hero.

The Sweat Hogs' lukewarm resistance and almost-instant capitulation once Gamby attempts to stand up to them led me to think that, anyway. Seems like a pretty typical Russel strategy, which is only sweeter because their methods happen to overlap and overshadow his own authoritarian methods. I kind of expected Russel to be exasperated with Gamby next episode for stealing his own play.

I thought that too during the big confrontation but then the main guy said "we got their check already, let's go " so I'd say apparently not.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

I thought that too during the big confrontation but then the main guy said "we got their check already, let's go " so I'd say apparently not.

Well.. they were pro gracias... ... which means for free.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

It didn't really feel like a Vice Principals episode, honestly.

Considering how Lee's sisters treated him, and all of the things they had called 'dibs' on, like the China, were in the garage, I was surprised that Lee stopped at smashing up all of the model planes, rather than burning down the entire garage.

He had a specific connection to the model planes. Hence his eulogy. Also, it’s a great way to spite his sisters AND nephews. China is more a Mom/Dad thing, as well. The planes were clearly all Dad.

kittenmittons posted:

He had a small role in Snowfall. His character was uh.... not as funny in that.

He’s also in “Great News” which isn’t great but a fun background show.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Boywhiz88 posted:

He had a specific connection to the model planes. Hence his eulogy. Also, it’s a great way to spite his sisters AND nephews. China is more a Mom/Dad thing, as well. The planes were clearly all Dad.

But his point is that he was doing stuff to spite his sisters and his sisters were clearly clinging to the china just as much as the rest of the stuff.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

DRINKING MY RC COLA :argh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lmao Gamby negotiating with the kid.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I cleaned it, Christine. :unsmith:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

That was hosed up.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
he wanted to go 7th in gangbang

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I liked the attention to detail in that accurate Korean wedding photo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wow that was a fantastic episode, one of the show’s best yet. A perfect storm of chaos in the typical McBride/Hill/Green style. Russell is so hosed-up and deluded.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
ms abbot is funnier and low key hotter than snodgras, Im glad shes getting back with gamby

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

ms abbot is funnier and low key hotter than snodgras, Im glad shes getting back with gamby

She got a big ole hole in her panties too

ms swift is the best though, get it dayshawn

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Ms Swift for the win

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
This was a tough one to finish. Things just completely unraveled for Russell.

After last episode, I thought we would see a tad of an uptick for him. This show is gonna drag things darker and darker I assume.

Still good though, just dark.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
Lee said he’s been in a gangbang. Maybe it was really him that wanted to go 7th.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Dragonrah posted:

Lee said he’s been in a gangbang. Maybe it was really him that wanted to go 7th.

Holy cow... he's the one! I bet he's seeing the drama teacher on the side. Christine will ask Russell "since when do you wear a neck scarf????"

*Russell punches mother-in-law in head*

"Not now, Christine!"

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Man what an episode, so many little hilarious moments. Every episode I get more and more unsure of what the end game is. Are we only getting 4 more episodes after this?

Almost everything Gamby said was funny. He just slides poo poo in and it's loving gold.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

They probably don't want it now that it has your juices on it

Good lord

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Vice Principals is the show that deserves a 10 min behind the scenes discussion every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Russel may be an insecure manipulative rear end in a top hat, but I think he truly loves Christine and has an incredible fear of losing her.

Also it's good to finally have an episode where she is more than a person for him to talk to.

• Locked thread