Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Season 2 Premieres Sunday, September 17 at 10:30 PM. This is the second and final season. The show was only meant to be 18 episodes, which they split into two seasons. The show is loving hilarious. If you're familiar with Jody Hill and Danny McBride's previous projects, you know what you're in for. The previous season ended with Gamby (Danny McBride) being shot by an unknown person.

Here's the OP I stole from the previous thread (now archived)

Here are the characters:

Neil Gamby (Danny McBride) and Lee Russell (Walton Goggins)
Gamby's the divorced vice principal in charge of discipline at Lincoln High who hopes to become the new principal once Bill Murray leaves. Russel's the vice principal of curriculum, Gamby's mortal enemy and competition for the principal seat.

Oh wait.

Dr. Belinda Brown (Kimberly Hebert Gregory)
The actual new principal at Lincoln High.

They team up to gently caress with her, that's the show. If you liked Eastbound and Down, you know what to expect.

Also featuring Gamby's ex wife Gale (Busy Phillips), idealistic new English teacher Amanda Snodgrass (Georgia King) and head cafeteria worker Dayshawn (Sheaun McKinney)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

This show is great and I'm crazy excited for the conclusion.

I'm re-watching it today and I'm still laughing hysterically at it.

hosed BUTTHOLES.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Yeah I think E&B could have condensed seasons 3 and 4 into one season.

I can't wait to see what they have cookin for their next project.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wow 2 seasons huh. Probably for the best but man I'm going to be bummed when it's done. It's not a one and done, it's a two and through

For all intents and purposes the show is one season. They wrote it as one season and even filmed it all together. For some reason HBO wanted it done as two seasons so it was split in half.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

That is how you do a season premiere.

edit: I got a strong Observe and Report vibe from this episode. It went to some really dark places.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Gamby was involved....in shooting himself?

I think he got Gamby and Russell confused. However, it would be an interesting theory that Gamby arranged it all. Not likely though.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

moolchaba posted:

After this final season, Danny should bring back the whole cast for a new series about a police department. Would watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4762824/

That's their next project. It's supposed to be out around Christmas.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Gonz posted:

YOU DUSTY OLD QUEEF

I want to do like the Muslims do. Cut her head off and make a video of it.

Holy loving poo poo. That scene had me laughing until I couldn't breathe.

This season has really gone to a dark, dark place.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

That line about the beaver was great. I also had a hard laugh when all you heard was the screams of the guy in the bathroom being assaulted.

and Fisher Stevens was a pleasant surprise.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 2, 2017

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

LesterGroans posted:

Well now I want a shot-for-shot remake of True Detective season 1 starring Danny McBride and Walton Goggins.

Pretty much anytime I hear about a reboot something similar, my first though is "I want to see Jody Hill and Danny McBride take a crack at this."

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Stevie as Gamby's sidekick was a great touch for the finale.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

i am the bird posted:

Even though I loved the show, it's still crazy that these guys faced basically no repercussions for all the poo poo they did to Belinda Brown. The scene of her doing well feels like a bit of a writer's copout in a "she's fine, so all's well that end's well" kind of way.

I see what you're saying and I was thinking that too. At the same time, it's nice to see something subverting expectations.

From a story standpoint, Belinda can't do anything about it. If she did, the video of her gets leaked, and she's hosed. The only ones that know (I think) are Gamby, Russell, and Snodgrass. They have to live their actions, and in the case of Snodgrass, she has live with the fact that her partner did some hosed up poo poo. That will always be hanging there. No matter what good they may do later, it's still there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Who was horrible on Eastbound?

Kenny Powers was a vile human until he got his poo poo together at the end of the series.

I think Vice Principals is the better show overall, but Kenny Powers is still one of the best characters in TV history.

edit: Can't wait for the new Jody Hill movie.

• Locked thread