Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Payndz posted:

If I were showrunner of a hypothetical Space: 2099, I'd have the moon leave orbit not as a result of a nuclear accident, but because of some kind of huge and deeply-buried alien technology that's been found and kept a secret by the military contingent (setting up a military/civilian conflict from the start) on the base. They set it off, the moon is thrown through a space warp to some seemingly random point in the universe... and from then on it warps again every 48/57/76.3 or whatever hours. If you're off the moon when it goes, you're stuck where you are forever, so there's a built-in timeclock to every episode. Need to see if this planet's habitable? Don't get captured by the locals. Investigating a derelict alien ship? Be quick about it. And of course, maybe the moon's course through the universe isn't as random as it seems...
Isn't that just Stargate Universe?

Haverchuck posted:

actually I wish there were less arc-based shows and more episodic ones because I would rather watch one show where they wrap the story up in an hour and then go do something else.
:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread