Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

it's weird because it doesn't show up in the top results for 'topatoco' or 'john allison merch' or 'homestuck shirt' or whatever; it specifically is targeting people looking, by name, for things that have been discontinued from niche webcoms retailer topatoco dot com, and i just can't square how bizzarely high-but-still-low effort it is in comparison to what i imagine is a vanishingly small market segment :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
You've stumbled on how Weedmaster P unloadsall the merch they don't technically have the rights to anymore.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I emailed Topataco and reported to the branch of the FTC that handles scam websites (I think), so I did my part, hah. Hopefully that disrupts the scam a bit.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

GlyphGryph posted:

I emailed Topataco and reported to the branch of the FTC that handles scam websites (I think), so I did my part, hah. Hopefully that disrupts the scam a bit.

Oh, I'll toss another report to the FTC. That certainly can't hurt. Link for that is here: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

Also, that phone number listed on the contact page of the scam site doesn't appear to be a real phone number. It has a San Diego area code but wasn't accepted as a valid number by the FTC website.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Topataco replied and confirmed that they are in the process of trying to get it shut down.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I think I will email Stripe as well, since that and paypal are how the scam/bootleg site gets paid.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Hello friends, restarting A Distant Sky after a long health-induced hiatus:
https://twitter.com/RadioSkvortsov/status/1763731238471282982

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
The first passage of 3rd Voice is done today. 380 pages in a little over 14 months, what a pace. Really fantastic stuff as usual.

I still can’t believe noc is daoots

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Evan Dahm is one of the best there’ll ever be :hai:

Ambiguity Program has been a really cool background watch for me recently and is both a great view into Dahm’s influences and thought process and a genuinely valuable contribution to cultural preservation in digitizing and archiving obscure old animation. If u post here chances are you’d probably enjoy it!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I know Wilde Life is setting up a rescue from the potential love interest, and its all been pretty predictable and by the numbers so far this chapter so I shouldn't expect a swerve... but honestly?

This also seems like the perfect time for White Faced Bear to finally do something useful, considering how often he talks big, and I want it. Really hoping for bear or spiders right now. Would be a great opportunity to bring Camelia into the inner circle of knowledge, too!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Oscar and Birdie are also in the same woods, so I would assume they'll get involved somehow.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Wittgen posted:

Oscar and Birdie are also in the same woods, so I would assume they'll get involved somehow.

Cliff about to get saved by Bigfoot

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Wittgen posted:

Are they? I know they are in the woods as well, but I was under the impression they were nowhere nearby. Unless the bear drags Cliff to him and knocks on the side of the van and says "deal with this unconscious child", I don't see any direct involvement any time soon.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

GlyphGryph posted:

Are they? I know they are in the woods as well, but I was under the impression they were nowhere nearby. Unless the bear drags Cliff to him and knocks on the side of the van and says "deal with this unconscious child", I don't see any direct involvement any time soon.

I could have sworn when Oscar and Cliff were discussing their respective weekend plans it came up that they're vaguely in the same area. Cliff doesn't seem like he's out cold just yet, so if he takes off running he might show up on one of the bigfoot hunters' trail cams.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nah, the opposite: Oscar said he'd be too far to help.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
...you know, Girl Genius, I think I'll sit this one out

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Yeah, I'm usually willing to indulge the Foglios when they want to do the silly side stories, but this one feels particularly egregious. No clue who this werewolf guy is, Krosp is meh, I am really, really hoping Monday's comic is someone (Othar, Agatha, anyone) pulling them out and berating them for trying to steal the spotlight. Someone did point out that the page numbering at the bottom lists this as part of volume 24, instead of a separate side story, so there is hope.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah, I don't usually mind the diversions, but before this, we just had a diversion seven months ago - one which lasted 11 months and 1 week - and so unless this is just a fake-out (or at least is very very short), that's going to be a little annoying. Seven months of story between diversions feels like too little.

But something about this does give me the feeling of a fake-out.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah I don't want them to take a whole year off again, and it'd be awful from a storytelling perspective.

But it would make sense if this diversion was some kind of lower effort or even guest artist kinda thing because the Foglios had a medical emergency a couple weeks back and they feel the need to either take a break or build a buffer.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Got put on to Backlash recently, a sci-fi/urban fantasy comic that takes place on Keyes, a planet between Mars and Jupiter, in a universe where celestial bodies like stars and planets have souls and minds. And several planets including Mars and Jupiter have gone missing. Follows a young woman called Leadfoot and an amnesiac masked guy called Alias who work for a witch who grants wishes, while Leadfoot also tries to discover what's happened to the missing celestials.

Currently on a hiatus that's supposed to end next month.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Rural flea markets are full of custom junk nobody wants. No surprise there. Finding a Lackadaisy backpack, though? That was a little surprising.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Inkspot posted:

Rural flea markets are full of custom junk nobody wants. No surprise there. Finding a Lackadaisy backpack, though? That was a little surprising.

This is a terrible backpack. I can't believe it. Utter trash.

Obviously if Mordecai was going to have a dance partner it'd be Viktor.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Cavatica posted:

Thank you to all the people that recommended Cursed Princess Club. This is an incredibly sweet and cute comic with a lot of warmth and whimsy.

I just finished binging this and its one of the best comics I’ve ever read.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

LOL.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

The Foglios are just yanking our chains at this point.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Foglii

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Yeah, them.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
yeaaaaah thanks to whoever called the fakeout by noticing the chapter markings :doh:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I just finished binging this and its one of the best comics I’ve ever read.

:hai:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Foglodes

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I hate how the Girl Genius website puts banner ads between the navigation buttons and the actual page.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

girl dick energy posted:

I hate how the Girl Genius website puts banner ads between the navigation buttons and the actual page.

Running a browser without adblock is like skydiving without a parachute; I'm sure people do it, but I'm never quite sure why.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Neito posted:

Running a browser without adblock is like skydiving without a parachute; I'm sure people do it, but I'm never quite sure why.
Even adblock doesn't block them since they're on the same site. It's ads for, like, the video game and the physical books and what not, not offsite ones.

I guess I could just tell it to block them specifically.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Html5 should add a tag set where you can define a 'next' and 'previous' link in head tags for index-based pages so the browser can do the navigation better for pages that support it.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
they dont have keyboard nav? wtf lol

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It does at least do the normal thing where you can click the page to get the next one.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
They often seem to have broken stuff in their pages, from what I remember seeing of website captures in archive dot org of the cast page they used to have.

Look at the pages linked in the current Extras section, for example.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

MikeJF posted:

Html5 should add a tag set where you can define a 'next' and 'previous' link in head tags for index-based pages so the browser can do the navigation better for pages that support it.

This already exists (<link> with rel="prev" or rel="next") but I have no idea if any browser usefully supports it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mycatscrimes posted:

This is a terrible backpack. I can't believe it. Utter trash.

Obviously if Mordecai was going to have a dance partner it'd be Viktor.

Yeah, what the gently caress. Mordecai/Rocky is such a crack pairing when Viktor's right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

ToxicFrog posted:

This already exists (<link> with rel="prev" or rel="next") but I have no idea if any browser usefully supports it.

Vivaldi does iirc.