Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
In my infinite wisdom I completely forgot about the existence of this thread when I launched A Distant Sky a month ago, so a very belated thanks to everyone currently reading! I have launched a Patreon for both the comic as well as my radio station, and patrons will receive access to page previews and/or access to the song request interface on Radio Skvortsov.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I'm gonna try to keep self-promotion to a minimum, but today's page of A Distant Sky is important to me because it is now ahead of my previous attempt in pagecount. Once again, thanks everyone for reading, and I'm sorry for flat-out ignoring the existence of this thread when it first went up! I'll try to poke my head in every once in a while to answer questions if y'all got any.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Rotten Red Rod posted:

How can I tap into your goblin blood?

I'm going to give my answer in the form of a jerkcity strip:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Please, drop by as often as you like. I loved your contributions to the K6BD tourney.

I'm getting a Calliope conundrum from "Alcyone”. Is that al-see-oh-nee or al-see-own? Or something I'm not considering.

It's pronounced "Al" :v:
In all seriousness I'm using the pronunciation from the star in the Pleiades, which is something like "al-sigh-oh-knee"

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I've been building to today's punchline for a while now.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Operant posted:

don't start with a 500 page comic that's my recommendation

poo poo

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
gonna emergency retool ADS into gag-a-day i guess

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Phy posted:

Hey 3, do you prototype all your mechanical designs in Lego? Cause I remember you built Jade Rabbit's super mode, and your spaceships at the start of this comic looked very microscale, and now these jamokes...

You are indeed correct about these jamokes!

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Just a little shameless self-promotion but Chapter One of A Distant Sky has officially wrapped up today! Gonna have a very short interlude sequence next week, followed by some guest art while I prep for chapter two.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Chapter 2 of A Distant Sky begins today!

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

habeasdorkus posted:

Oh hey, Alcyone is trans!

I'm really enjoying your character design, 3. Papa Al looks awesome.

I'm not gonna lie, I'd been nervous about setting this up since I really wanted to ensure I was handling it with tact, glad to see people are digging it! Anyway, it's important to me that everyone understands that today's page ended my life. I am now deceased.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I am pleased to announce that after taking January off for Guest Art month, Chapter 3 of A Distant Sky begins literally now!

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Somehow, I've been doing this for exactly one year to the day.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

J.A.B.C. posted:

So I'm running low on Webcomics content. Gunnerkrigg is going off the rails, Prequel's been dead for over a year now, Paranatural has made the pivot to light novel and for some reason 'Dumbing of Age' is still somehow going.

I looked at the OP but the recommends are kinda outdated. What's the recommends in the thread? Right now on my daily rotation I have:

Sleepless Domain
Demon Street (Nearing the end)
Mystery Babylon
Latchkey Kingdom
Gunnerkrigg Court
Atomic Robo
My Delirium Alcazar
Empowered
Others I shall not name for :nws: reasons.

I will humbly offer my comic,
A Distant Sky, which actually just passed the two-year milestone a month ago.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Hi, I hate to do this and if it's against thread or forum rules I'll delete it, but my webcomic (A Distant Sky) is in trouble due to me nearly dying in September and the resultant stratospheric medical debt:
https://twitter.com/RadioSkvortsov/status/1740846671981146542

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Hello friends, restarting A Distant Sky after a long health-induced hiatus:
https://twitter.com/RadioSkvortsov/status/1763731238471282982