Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Now that Evan Dahm has finished publishing The Harrowing of Hell he's back to updating Vattu frequently. As with all Rice Boy-related tales, it's interesting and different. http://www.rice-boy.com/vattu/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mercury Hat posted:

No, but given that the strip's covered 2 months at the most in its entire run so far he might be hospitalized forever!

It's very unlikely but there's an outside chance!

If you want a vision of the future, picture the same six characters, stomping into a comic strip, forever

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jeez! A little on the nose given the comic's current subject material. Hope they're able to get help. What an awful situation.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
What's the point of a Hades and Persephone story that doesn't discuss the Zeus/Dionysus duo boon absolutely melting rooms full of enemies in the Temple of Styx

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Hostile V posted:

http://skin-horse.com/comic/2021-03-24/

Haven't been able to find out more about this but I hope this isn't the case. They can always choose to end it whenever but if this is true, aw man that sucks.

Wonder if this is connected at all to Abbadon's twitter thread yesterday. The internet seems designed to amplify the most negative voices.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

manero posted:

Not sure if serious (I'm sleep deprived right now), but I don't think so? I vaguely recall that a bunch of the strips involved Mario in some way, but not all of them.

Yeah Bobulus is talking about something different - a classic in its own right.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
On the subject of remembered comics we can't find, what was the name of that strange comic/multimedia project set in a future with wide use of virtual reality? Felt kind of snowcrash-ish, had a layabout protagonist with an rear end in a top hat drug popping friend. I remember that it had lots of clickable and sort of animated/sound features on each page. I can picture it but have no idea what it was named.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mikl posted:

Homestuck? I don't know, I never read it, but it sounds similar from how some of my friends who did read it have described it to me.

Not homestuck - far less cartoonish in art, and more set in a real grimy city. I remember the art being pretty detailed. Very cyberpunk vibe.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mr Phillby posted:

Sideways scrolling with multimedia elements. Some kind of neon future city setting? Main character was some sort of hacker I think? Something to do with dreams manifesting as neon kaiju monsters? I can amosr see it but I can't remember any identifying features.

That's it, yeah. I can remember so much of it but not quite enough to google anything that gets results. Not important but one of those things that'll bug me until I figure it out.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

shirts and skins posted:

On the subject of remembered comics we can't find, what was the name of that strange comic/multimedia project set in a future with wide use of virtual reality? Felt kind of snowcrash-ish, had a layabout protagonist with an rear end in a top hat drug popping friend. I remember that it had lots of clickable and sort of animated/sound features on each page. I can picture it but have no idea what it was named.

I found it! It was called Nawlz! Annnnnd it ran on flash, so it is currently lost to history. God drat did it feel good to figure that out at least.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kennel posted:

Let's post that one again.

The only drug you need is social anarchism (or whatever this is called, I have no deep understanding of the correct terms)

Are these hosted on a website somewhere for easy sharing? I don't see a link or an artist. I have a friend who would like them but I don't want to send them 12 jpegs or whatever.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Thank you! It's a true classic.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

punkybird posted:

LOL never change guys. what else you wanna know?

Eyyyy thanks for making more OP! Fantastic work as always.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mikl posted:

Also (sorry the double-post) this sent me down a rabbit-hole of looking at old and terrible webcomics and apparently A.Diaz (of Dresden Codak) is trans??

poo poo, I've been out of the loop for a while it seems.

Whaa? Didn't hear about this. Good for (I assume) her. I suppose over time one realizes cis people are considerably less common than we thought.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Naw Mcninja was good from the get go. Remember, it started as a one off project (an art school assignment iirc?) that people liked enough for him to keep doing. One of the arcs before he brought on a colorist is Dracula's moon base, which may be the best part of the whole thing.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Pavlov posted:

I have a vague memory of a comic. There were demons in it, and every time one dies, it entered a deeper and more terrifying level of hell, which I think went on forever. I can't even remember if this was a big part of the comic. Anyone remember it?

Perhaps the Clandestinauts? Believe that went graphic novel-only.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I really liked Problem Sleuth, and when it wrapped up Hussie started this strange, ambitious new project...

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

the holy poopacy posted:

There's a lot of stuff that went into the sauce but I think a lot of it is just being written by a veteran online troll with his finger on the pulse of internet culture and an insane workaholic schedule. The man lived online and he knew what made his fellow internet dwellers tick, and reveled in pushing their buttons.

An insane workrate and also genuinely funny, in a very weird and unique way. Everyone remembers the comic bogging down into a giant mess, but there's a reason it was a smash hit. When Homestuck was young there was legitimately nothing like it. Weird, CYOA, mysterious video game stuff, and then you'd see that [s] and the loading screen and...wow. Some moments that I still remember clearly.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The violence of the imperial periphery? In MY metropole?

It could happen to you!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
They're just engaging in the time honored tradition of That Other Webcomics Thread, the brain damage will probably be minimal

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Didn't Marry Me just get turned into a movie with JLo and Owen Wilson?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Folks!!!

https://twitter.com/beatonna/status/1504477248341962752?t=dp2utnwSpLARhbhJkNsIjw&s=19

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Can I just say that Al Columbia rules

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Oh my God you're all still talking about GC

There's already a thread for this stuff

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

fritz posted:

Vattu: And so she says, you can't dismantle the master's house with the master's tools, and I go, I says, they're the only tools I got baby!

This all feels like a concluding speech. Wonder what Dahm will get up to next. Lord knows he's been working on Vattu long enough.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Oh my god hahaha, here we go

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Ah yeah, the "they're back" thing is because the priest sold Vattu into slavery to pay their first tax to Sahta. Probably thinks they're back for more.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Oh yes, forgot about that part. Man, this has been a journey.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Congrats Evan

https://twitter.com/evandahm/status/1569340943622447105?t=629XwBJfGH-JgeqOyoAdUA&s=19

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Jeph Jacques has made 5000 strips of Questionable Content.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Silentlocke posted:

Hey there people, I was digging through an old external drive and found a backup of Templar, AZ up through Book 5 page 130. Here's a link for anyone interested.

omg thank you!! I've been missing having access to this. It was my absolute favorite in college.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Jeph. Jeph, I...tire of the gifted child character. Please, no more.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Agree, it's an interesting arc all around and QC is best when it breaks from stasis. Just, I GET it with the annoying gifted kid already

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The last anyone seems to have heard from him is four years ago. https://www.reddit.com/r/webcomics/comments/8mqpnd/ryan_armand_still_seems_to_be_missing_without_a/ea351a8

How odd, for someone so prominent. I hope he is okay.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Captain Oblivious posted:

QC has always been spinning its wheel. Spinning its wheels is the whole entire point of QC. There’s not supposed to be any friction, you are just supposed to consume. Consume the comfortable and unthreatening romcom vibes like the content piggy you are!

Which, all bombast aside, is fine.

Wielder of Lattes
Seeker of Bands
King of TEH
Maker of Singularities
Wheel Spinning Lord

QUESTION
SIX
BILLION
CONTENTS

don't wear it out

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

flatluigi posted:

tbqh I forgive a decent chunk of that now that she's figured out her gender

yeah a big dose of the Gender can really screw one up (see: me, 2000 - 2022ish)

e. what a snipe. are there any good new webcomics running? I feel like I've followed most of my regular ones for ages

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Thank you all for the recommendations! I'm excited to dig into these!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

isasphere posted:

I've really been enjoying:

Rusty & Co. Three DnD monsters decide to become adventurers. Like many other similar fantasy comics it started humorous and episodic and has gradually shifted to a more serious overarching story. The art has really improved over the years, and I really like the puns. (The current pages look simple and crayony but that's not the usual art style, it's a flashback to a weird place.)

I forgot about this one! I read it a little while ago and it kept taking me by surprise how funny it was

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tenebrais posted:

If we're bringing up new recs, here's a few I've come across in recent years

Phantomarine, a fantasy story set on in a flooded world where the god of death rules the seas and nobody is happy about it, including him. When the royal family's daughter dies at sea, he has a chance for her to help him heal the world, but she has grown up firmly faithful that he's the literal devil. Very charming writing, every character is fun to watch.

I just read through this one's archives and greatly enjoyed it. It's cute, it's intriguing, and the art is lovely. Thank you so much for sharing. <3

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

habeasdorkus posted:

gently caress yes, Othar Trygvasson is back in Girl Genius. My favorite character in that whole sprawling affair.

Not sure who that is, but it's fun to be reunited with

OTHAR TRYGVASSON
~Gentleman Adventurer~

and his hideous yellow sweater