Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

One webcomic I remember liking, but haven't thought about in probably over a decade is Bob And George - so I figure I might as well spend some time re-reading it, to see how it holds up.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I re-read Girls With Slingshots (well, most of it consisted of the chaser, which is the entire comic re-done in colour), and it's as good as I remember it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

nimby posted:

Am I in the minority for never having read Homestuck? The entire thing completely passed me by, don't think I'd even heard of it before it was done.
I never read it, despite being around people who talked about it constantly - although it's perhaps because of that, because it's invariably been my experience that very very few things can live up to the hype that fan-bases generate for it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

There hasn't been any mention of Go Get A Roomie, which finished a while ago.
The author has since been re-uploading it from the beginning in full on a regular schedule and doing each strip along-side its counterpart (this is an awkward way of putting it, but you'll see what I mean), or you can read the archive.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Apr 20, 2022

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

girl dick energy posted:

Just look at what it did to Ishida!
Excellent username+avatar+post combo.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

girl dick energy posted:

Time turns some men into women-haters, and other men into women.
Timey-wimey is powerful.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

Jeph Jacques has made 5000 strips of Questionable Content.
That's a pretty large number of strips.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

QC is one of the comics I will read in segments - sometimes several months can go by where I forget it, but then I'll remember and go catch up.
It seems to work well for me.

girl dick energy posted:

I eventually stopped caring enough to check, and the idea of going back to catch up and figure out where I am feels like being asked to eat a cardboard box. Not inherently awful, but a mild unpleasantness turned up several orders of magnitude by the sheer time and effort commitment involved.
Your browser has a history feature though, no?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I didn't expect QC of all places to be giving a real good lesson on how to help someone else who's having a panic attack.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Hostile V posted:

Considering Jeph's own experiences with panic attacks it makes sense.
Right, sure - I was more thinking that it seemed like a new thing for the comic to engage with.
It's dealt with quite a few things, but nothing like this amount of detail.

I quite like it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Post-singularity/-scarcity doesn't mean that the folks living in those times won't have problems - for example Star Trek, especially Deep Space 9, is one of the better explorations of this very concept, but it's fairly well-established in literature as well.

QC has just enough trappings of scifi to be able to justify its premise, not a wholly thought-out world - because it ultimately doesn't need to, when it's a slice-of-life about a bunch of folks just going by their daily lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I've had Motherlover in my RSS feeds for a while but fell behind on it.
I need to catch up, I remember it as being pretty decent, but I may end up waiting until it's done.

Another comic that recently picked back up is the :nws:-ish Go Get A Roomie.
The artist started doing a re-publishing of it in regular intervals, and after getting to the original end, revealed that they'd drawn more stuff and would continue the story, since some people originally felt the ending wasn't the best it could've been.
:ninja:EDIT: Looking at it, it looks like the rerun is finished too?