Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

Eh, it works.

Also if there's going to be a new thread, shouldn't the first posts be updated instead of a copy/paste of the last two threads' first posts? The webcomic IRC channel has been dead for aeons.

And a few webcomics have outdated info. It Hurts ended and Poppy is a web novel now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

the old ceremony posted:

stylistic fads happen across all art forms, the stephen universe style is just the art nouveau of the 21st century

Why do people insist on following the latest fad style when they could develop their own and be the trendsetter for the next one?

Axiem posted:

I'm all for a resurgence of Art Deco. That poo poo was amazing.

:hellyeah:
I wish more people had taken that away from the 90s Batman cartoon's aesthetics. Instead it's being done poorly by people like Aaron Diaz who mostly just slaps some rectangles on the side of a building and calls it good.

And then he gets $50k a year to do practically nothing with his pandering science waifu of flexibly indeterminate Asian ethnicity. Maybe I should learn how to draw and then rip off Maakies and A Lesson is Learned until I get popular and cash in.

Begemot posted:

I've never noticed the off-model stuff, and honestly don't see what the big deal is? Like the only thing people say is that it's "unprofessional" but the rationale seems perfectly reasonable. It's only obsessive weirdos who are gonna be comparing relative heights across episodes anyway.

So their entire fanbase?

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Sep 30, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Crocoswine posted:

it tanks SUPER hard once they have kids.

edit: the best thing about Penny Arcade is that it was what introduced me (and I imagine many others,) to Kris Straub, who remains top tier

I feel bad for anyone who hadn't discovered him through Keenspot crossovers in the mid 00s.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Really disappointed in Mr Hayden. Would definitely remove any retweets of his comic from my timeline if it wasn't so much effort.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Her solo stuff suffers from the same issues as her work on SFP, it's just become so soft and formless. It doesnt suffer from SFP's awful writing though.

Yeah, her art's decline is just as at fault as the writing, it really illustrates the shift from a gritty, tough look at the modern world and the limitations of superheroes in a theoretical real world setting to cartoonish, soft and non-confrontational. It's become just like Clevin (pasta be unto him).

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

This thread continues to be a zone where we don't talk about Clevin.

If you want to talk about Clevin please make a new WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT CLEVIN thread.

I don't see why not. This is the webcomics thread and SFP is a webcomic. Don't worry though, we'll probably get the mods to unlock the SFP thread when it starts back up.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bad Webcomics Wiki said Harkovast was terrible. Not the best resource.

e: Also, their SFP page contains no mention of Clevin.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sinfest may be a bland non-statement about "bigotry bad" but at least he didn't kill any kids in a helicopter accident while making it.