Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

I wouldn't mind some constructive criticism on my current project Kobayashi Maru. Like my previous major project, Weapon Brown, I am beginning it as a webcomic with the dream of turning it into a comic book series. All comments welcome, (except those that mock my tiny genitals. See? Beat you to it! Why even go there? No woman will!)

The premise (which I am still trying to turn into an elevator pitch) is "What if the Start Trek TV show was just propaganda in a genuine Start Trek future? Here's what that universe would actually be like."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

PMush Perfect posted:

The only woman in the image wearing a skintight body suit and doing the stereotypical back-breaking T&A pose did not make a good first impression for me.

The fact that you did not recognize the woman in the center as being a woman is doubly damning! :bigtran:

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

thatbastardken posted:

It kinda feels like it's trying too hard to be edgy, and I say that as someone who genuinely enjoyed Weapon Brown. I guess the problem is "What if the federation was really bad?" isn't exactly undiscovered country, even within star trek itself, and you have to mine pretty deep to get anything new out of the concept.

Related, have you read Halo Jones? From 2000AD, I think by Alan Moore? Has a similar space chick trying to get away from the Man vibe.

Oh God... kill me if I ever come across as "edgy" (it hits my ear like "Poochie"!)

I may not be striking the right note, but I am not trying to make the Federation "bad", just no better or worse than, say, America is today.

Thanks for your thoughts! I have to go now. My home planet needs me.