Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Wrist Watch posted:

More people should read Awful Hospital so I'll take you up on that

Awful Hospital: A story about a mother trying to find her son, who's sick. The story is planned out, but has heavy audience participation through user suggestions. Body horror and impenetrable terminology leave you just as freaked out/confused as the main character most of the time. The body horror isn't too bad, but enough to be genuinely creepy at times.

I've been meaning to make a thread for Awful Hospital for a while and maybe I'll actually do it one day

We're closing in on a great time to do so, since once our hero makes it through the door to the maternity ward, poo poo is probably going to get real interesting.
Anyways if Øyvind Thorsby's comics can have an active thread I'm sure an Awful Hospital thread would also be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

My favorite Toby Fox music thing was when he did some improv made up Touhou music and provided commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa2K_8Ff41M

:frogsiren:[UNTRANSLATABLE JAPANESE IDIOM] :frogsiren:

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

Unicorn Jelly.

My first webcomic was Unicorn Jelly.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

Jackard posted:

Are there any webcomics (besides Homestuck) that regularly use animations or take advantage of digital medium?

Even something small like this http://www.threepanelsoul.com/comic/utility

Awful Hospital does occasional animation or music, and also does the whole "reader suggestions" thing that MS Paint Adventures did, but in a more meaningful and story specific way.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

Yeah Back has kept a pretty regular Thursday update schedule for like, most of it. I can recall maybe like one several month hiatus.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Nevermind that, KEENSPOT is still going? And they're making... Uh...

:stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycoexoeve0Y

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

Oh, and I'm in the market for a webcomic to read. Preferably something with a bigass archive, p good art, and a solid story. Long term favorites of mine are Unsounded, Girl Genius, Kill Six Billion Demons (obviously), and every one of John Allison's various jams. Would love recommendations from all and sundry.

A bit more on the "sundry" side of things, Awful Hospital is neat. One of the few "reader driven" comics left in the wake of MSPaint Adventures, Awful Hospital has a cartoonish horror vibe to it, and contains good jokes, absurd monster designs, and a very novel twist to the setting that is a lot of fun to think about.

In today's update, a medical professional offers a treat to a completely normal child.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

I never followed up on finishing Homestuck after the giant hiatus but I'm glad it exists because now we have Awful Hospital, which is (subjectively) much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

So today’s Back is giving me serious Roger Rabbit vibes

The returning crunch really sells this moment for me.