Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
im webcomics, and so's my wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Death Ray posted:

I wouldn't mind some constructive criticism on my current project

The premise (which I am still trying to turn into an elevator pitch) is "What if the Start Trek TV show was just propaganda in a genuine Start Trek future? Here's what that universe would actually be like."

It kinda feels like it's trying too hard to be edgy, and I say that as someone who genuinely enjoyed Weapon Brown. I guess the problem is "What if the federation was really bad?" isn't exactly undiscovered country, even within star trek itself, and you have to mine pretty deep to get anything new out of the concept.

Related, have you read Halo Jones? From 2000AD, I think by Alan Moore? Has a similar space chick trying to get away from the Man vibe.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

sorry about your priapism

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

My webcomic is about a man who hates my webcomic

Ah, an autobiographical work.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

thanks to whoever mentioned Scurry earlier, it's rad. love the foxes who are just having the time of their lives loving with people during this grim armageddon.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Dabir posted:

woah poppy

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

am i parsing it correctly that tuna is reflexively punching herself in the face to avoid getting hit by poppy? cause that's pretty funny and maybe breaks the conditions of her curse? also woah, poppy.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Grognan posted:

when's her dad going to come out and get brutally killed by poppy/petunia?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Hey morbi are flowers names common on flora (likely) or is it a coincidence that at least 4 major characters have them? Poppy, lily petunia and halia (halia is a stretch I guess but it's Malay for ginger)

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Morbi posted:

Hallia's name is honestly just made-up bullshit, but yeah, flower theming is a thing.

see now you can claim that Hallia is in theme and no-one will be any the wiser

also do you expect me to believe this poo poo is a coincidence as well?

quote:

A group of medicines extracted from foxglove plants are called digitalin. The use of D. purpurea extract containing cardiac glycosides for the treatment of heart conditions was first described in the English-speaking medical literature by William Withering, in 1785,[13][14][15] which is considered the beginning of modern therapeutics.[16][17] It is used to increase cardiac contractility (it is a positive inotrope) and as an antiarrhythmic agent to control the heart rate, particularly in the irregular (and often fast) atrial fibrillation. Digitalis is hence often prescribed for patients in atrial fibrillation, especially if they have been diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Digoxin was approved for heart failure in 1998 under current regulations by the Food and Drug Administration on the basis of prospective, randomized study and clinical trials. It was also approved for the control of ventricular response rate for patients with atrial fibrillation. American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association guidelines recommend digoxin for symptomatic chronic heart failure for patients with reduced systolic function, preservation of systolic function, and/or rate control for atrial fibrillation with a rapid ventricular response. Heart Failure Society of America guidelines for heart failure provide similar recommendations. Despite its relatively recent approval by the Food and Drug Administration and the guideline recommendations, the therapeutic use of digoxin is declining in patients with heart failure—likely the result of several factors. Safety concerns regarding a proposed link between digoxin therapy and increased mortality in women may be contributing to the decline in therapeutic use of digoxin.

loving hell people it's so obvious!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Morbi posted:

If we're going down the rabbit hole, then try running this funny little name through google sometime.

oh no, brer morbi, don't throw me down the rabbit hole! anything but that!

quote:

Lily of the valley is worn in Helston (Cornwall, UK) on Flora Day (8 May each year, see Furry Dance) representing the coming of "the May-o" and the summer.

obvious

quote:

In terms of musical influence, “Lily of the Valley” is also a song by Queen on their album Sheer Heart Attack.

the song is about the destructive pursuit of a doomed relationship that brings down kingdoms

quote:

Two of the flower's alternative names — Our Lady's tears and Mary's tears — derive from Christian legends that it sprang from the weeping of the Virgin Mary during the crucifixion of Jesus. Other etiologies have its coming into being from Eve's tears after she was driven with Adam from the Garden of Eden or from the blood shed by Saint Leonard of Noblac during his battles with a dragon

dragon's blood eh?

also a hymn by the first bandmaster of the salvation army, but that's probably less relevant.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 3, 2018

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

avshalemon posted:

if you could snap your fingers and your perfect dream webcomic would pop into existence (with a reliable update schedule, non-jerk creator, all those good things). what would it be?

big american titties

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Phy posted:

Ease up there, cousin Roman

let's go bowling

no i don't care that you are driving a tank right now

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Tollymain posted:

is this what love dispassionate lust feels like

feelings are for women

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

yeah it's like this society run by and for the benefit of people whose sole qualification for office is their sfx budget is kind of a messed up place.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

i've been reading through Kill Witch Kill and i have no idea whats happening but it's a wild ride.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Elysiume posted:

My vague recollections of O Human Star result in me consistently reading Al as AI (ai) because all I remember about it is that there are robots which makes a lot of these posts confusing

more confusing is that it's a correct reading

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

Don't make me get out the emergency webcomics.

no do it, i'm jonesing bad

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

neogeo0823 posted:

And as for The Sisters, get your boss fight music playing, because uh...

hey thanks for bringing this to my attention, it's good stuff.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

i'm trying to read never satisfied but each strip takes like 10 minutes to load or doesn't load at all

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

the terrible magical accident that cost lucy their eye and moral fiber granted super powers to broom girl because energy can neither be created or destroyed. it's just basic magic teen physics.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

thanks for putting this comic in front of me, it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

lmao drat there's a lot of adult diagnosed ADHD...sufferer's(?) on these forums.

me included.