Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm completely in the name if a British web comic i used to read regularly. It'd be about 16 years old at this point and I seem to remember it being fairly well received by goons. it really wasn't one strip since the author would occasionally wrap it and start a new spin off with a few newer characters. It was a little twee for its own good but I remember the most recent shift was following The Boy as he started at an academy with His girlfriend Esther.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Vvvvv That's it thank you

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oh jeez, Scary-Go-Round actually ended in 09? I thoughtvit was later than that. I hate how time works.

And that you have to pay to read Scary-Go-Round now.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Ugh, I was hoping Jeph had dropped the executive dysfunction bit because he learned adult onset executive dysfunction wasn't actually a thing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I just want to clarify, I don't believe Ayo or Liz's experiences aren't valid or strike a nerve for a lot of people and they would definitely benefit from a proper diagnosis and management.

My point was that throwing Executive Dysfunction out there felt more like Jeph heard about it once and threw it in without understanding any of the symptoms or pathology.

It's a condition that actually improves as you age, there are neural pathways that just don't work for whatever reason and as you age your brain trains itself to compensate for the damage. Late and misdiagnoses are common because by the time a child reaches their teens it presents similarly to sever ADHD and no one thinks to administer a clock test to a kid with ADHD.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Emzedoh posted:

I guess it's going to depend on how willing you are to trust the author here. Like, maybe Jeph really does think that's how Executive Dysfunction works or maybe it's just what the character Ayo believes and is actually going to go somewhere, character development-wise. We won't really know until the arc plays out. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

I've thought on that, though the suggestion came from Hannalore who's been the author's voice of positive engagement with mental health. Which is kind of the opposite of an armchair diagnosis of someone you met 10 minutes earlier.

It could always be the opening of a story about how accepting there is an issue doesn't mean anything if you don't take steps to address it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Emzedoh posted:

Can I just say I found this panel in today's Girl Genius update hilarious?

I'm sure I put into words why, though.

Edit: Keep walking, pal - this throuple's full.

Is it because it's Foglio art at its muppetest?