Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Is girl genius actually meant to end? I sort of stopped reading a year or two back but it eventually felt like it was just sort of doing the endless serials thing where you have the long term goal but never get there. Just an endless array of new sets and small plots that just introduce new sets and small plots. Like its fine and fun to read though! I also don't know if its gotten more focused recently but I am gathering from those remarks that it has not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

I generally had considered whenever i was reading it that the time portals needed to get resolved before the comic could even begin to reach endgame, and it didnt super seem like that was happening beyond the breadcrumbs level. Like stuff kept feeding back into that for a while but its just a very long time to have a story going. I think I'd want to start from the beginning again if I restart the comic and thats a ton of stuff to get through.

Rand Brittain posted:

I think you could generally articulate the main plot as "Agatha reclaims her family legacy," which involves both taking up rulership of her father's family lands and becoming the Heterodyne, and dealing with her mother's plans to take over the world.

Yeah I think this is a good summary but given the scope of that legacy its quite a lot to resolve.

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Does anyone know where to find that comic where the guy wished for teeth to be drugs, and then the world collapsed? I dont know if I'm just looking extremely poorly but I can only find people asking for where to find it.

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

thank you!!

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Nasty Red Dogs - https://nastyreddogs.com/comic/page-1/

The world is ended and giant red dogs rule the night. The barriers between the internal and external self have broken down. The comic is written very prolifically (their other comic, feast for a king, is nearly 8k pages long) and the lore and world building are unique in a way I’ve never seen.