Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

This game is a lot of fun even if you're bad and inefficient like me.

I'm looking forward to the time when we'll see burning gasoline sprayed over biters.

DoubleNegative posted:

How open are you to suggestions about what you've built so far with regards to efficiency and ease of use?
Yeah, his current coal mining setup is appalling. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Isn't it better to combine the coal and ore to one belt after you've split them down for a line of smelters?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Isn't it less efficient to burn coal for steampower than in the furnaces?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I don't suppose you're planning to run a too long conveyor belt loop of ammo around the inside of the wall for turrets to grab from?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Without spoiling too much, the answer is 'not really'. Mobile artillery, however...
Well there is a static base defense with decent range.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The vast majority of what I do with circuits is just to hook up lamps to those constant things and have them set to a color. The stuff is tricky if you're dumb. :saddowns:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Fire makes us stand at the top of the food chain. Burn baby burn! Burn that mother down. :black101:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hey, I just happen to have a sensitive and easily upset stomach. No need to get rude!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You have to be careful with grenades though. I always end up taking a whole lot of damage. :downs:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I wish you could build cannon and rocket towers, and that you could build robutt turrets that could be supplied directly by logistic bots. Requester chests are way too deep down in the tech tree for anything beyond just spamming lasers everywhere to be reasonable.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Flame turrets are wonderful though, especially if the biters are charging through, what used to be, a thick forest. That is a thing of beauty you will miss.

Also today I learned that if you build a huge U-shape of roboports the bots will attempt to go straight across despite running out of fuel little over halfway right next to a biter camp if they do. :shepface:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Spatial posted:

There was an update released a day or two ago. Artillery trains are in, baby :v:
:stare:

https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-220
Yesssss! :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Who looked at Factorio and decided it really needs far more complications? :psyduck:

• Locked thread