Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Presumably you could use the speakers to sound various alarms? Making it less necessary to continuously monitor things, because you will be told if something goes wrong.

Yep. The speakers support a global GUI alert that you can use for things like "your main accumulator bank dropped below 30% charge, something's all hosed up with your power plant coal supply, come fix it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Thotimx posted:

The last two I can make with stuff that's already on the bus. The only issue here is that the Electric Engine Unit requires Lubricant. I could be wrong, but I don't know anything else that needs it. It seemed the most sensible thing was to keep building them in place where they are(oil area), and bus them down here. It's either that or bus lubricant itself.

Tier3 belts needs lubricant, so you’ll eventually probably want to have a pipeline over for it.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

Right, but the problem is for that any train that isn't doing an immediate right turn off of the roundabout will end up blocking itself from going anywhere, as all the chain signals will read each other and rightfully say that the next block is occupied.
Unless your roundabout is friggen' ginormous so you can stick normal signals in there to stop a full-circle read (ideally splitting the roundabout into four NE, NW, SW, SE blocks.)

And even then it won't stop high traffic jams like what Thotmix ran into. That will just happen no matter how robust your train network is.

That’s not how chain signals work - they look at next block in path, so if you don’t need to path through a block (I.e. the last block to connect back to your starting block) it won’t read as occupied for that train.

“When more exits exist, the one relevant to the train path is taken into account.”

• Locked thread